Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 03 cbr 600rr, had it since Feb.

Whenever the bike is hot, temp reading 200+ it would act like the battery is weak whenever i try to restart the bike. But when its cooled it would start right up, or if the temp is below 199 it'd start right up no problem.

I read somewhere that the R/R gets hot because of the headers so I put some heat tape on the side near of the R/R facing the headers. Didn't notice any changes. Battery is good so dunno, its not a big deal but just like to know if its something that could lead to something worse.

If I let it sit for few minutes it'll start right up so it only does that when the bike gets too hot and try to restart it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Common problem in the 03's for some reason. In my case I solved it with a new, high quality (190 cca) battery. The cheaper batteries don't seem to put out enough amps to turn over a hot engine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like a battery issue. Have your battery load tested to see if it is bad. If battery turn out to be okay then check the charging system (R/R and stator coil).

·
Registered
235 Posts
i've noticed this today too on my 04 when i stalled...i also have 55watt hids. its best to invest in a trickle charger and see if it helps ( if its the battery )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts