Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

body work is done... key is in the ignition... and it's ready for a ride ;)

I went yesterday for a ride and I felt the bike sluggish and thought that could be the oil cause it had been in the garage during one year. So I decided to change oil and filter...the oil was really dark. Oil changed and I went to the hi-way for let the oil get around... sorry the lack of language... no technical words cause I don't know haw to say it :s

but main problem is:

when I star the bike, low temperature it works smoothly
at low rev, when gets warm it gets sluggish
when in idle (guess this is the word, no throttle at all) the engine don't sound regular....but if I push the throttle hard and burn some fuel it goes normal again, but after a while in idle it goes sluggish again

any clues?

not to be included in this question...but has I told you some pictures of my new recovered RR ; ) hope u like it !

after 1
after 2

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
and tell me you put some fuel additive while you were storing her for a year...cause if you didn't and your running that old fuel, that may cause a problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no fuel additive...shoot me!
I didn't knew that the bike was going to be stored for so long... but the idle adjuster I've tried to rev it up and down...but the problem persists. the idle should be at what rev? 1300 is ok?
this is the second fuel tank that I use...after the first bad gas that was in there, and even with this new gas is still sluggish

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've changed also the throttle cable...so I mess with all the fuel stuff... filters, fuel line ,injectors, throttle body.... I really don't know what should look for.
Could someone tell me like a list of priorities... dunno

I could start to check the fuel line as u said...

...but it works ok before warming up!!!
dunno :sad3:

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Sorry I missed that. It's probably not worth dumping at this point. You may have already fouled the plugs. That may be why the low rpm range is running so rough. You can try running some Chevron with Techron through it and see if clear up over the next few tanks. Simply put, just go ring the p!ss out of it for a few hundred miles and see if it clears up. If not, you may be in for some new plugs. How many miles are on this bike?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9.000 km... 5,592 miles

I don't have a clue what is Chevron with Techron...dunno if I'll get that in portugal :p
searching for
thx for the tip

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Probably not! That's why it's important to let us know where you're located.

If you put roughly 5k miles on the bike and then it sat for a year I'd suggest you put some NEW plugs in. Don't try to clean them just go buy some. Not going to be cheap either. Same thing happened to a friends 600RR only her's wouldn't crank at all. I would still run a few tanks as close to empty as you dare to make sure you get all of the old fuel out before you change the plugs.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
New fuel. Change plugs. Check wiring and fuel hoses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts