Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you all.....

Does you bike feel slugish below 7k RPMs? When I pin it say at 5k RPM the bike seems to take longer then it used to climb the RPMs to the real power. I recently did the 1/4 throttle turn mod and it seems to me that at low RPMs it feels like there is less power then before. I notice this even more when starting on incline hills. I can probably chalk that up to the fact that with the shorter throttle I have less control then I used to with the full throttle. Maybe I am just expecting too much from the 1/4 throttle mod.

Only mods I have are, -1 front sprocket, PCIII with stock mapping (not 0 mapping) and the 1/4 throttle. Like I said it seems to me that I really noticed the lack of lowend power after doing the 1/4 throttle mod. There is no drop at higher RPMs, although over all the bike seems slower to me but that could be just because I have gotten used to the power of the bike.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Sounds like your flooding the engine maybee. With a smaller twist im sure it would be all to easy to whack it round to the back of the throttle.

Try feeding the engine instead of just whacking it open, it goes MUCH faster.

Besides, what you doing below 7K? he he he.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mouse said:
Sounds like your flooding the engine maybee. With a smaller twist im sure it would be all to easy to whack it round to the back of the throttle.

Try feeding the engine instead of just whacking it open, it goes MUCH faster.

Besides, what you doing below 7K? he he he.

I was thinking that too, maybe I will play with the acceloration pump from the PCIII to see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
hahahahahahahaha,ha ha
How long have you owned this bike? THERE IS NO USEABLE POWER BELOW 8000 RPM!
Hi Hi, just kidding, but not really. If you want power, you have to have it at least above 8000 rpm, my experience , anyway.
I am an expert at finding the right range of power.....
It's too early......

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
In order to get that smooth low to mid-range power your going to need to remap the bike. If you plan on installing a pipe or filter then do it all at the same time and custom map the bike once. Just make sure you get a baseline dyno before you add anything else.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Um yes, theres some new info coming to light about the 600's apparently they are not making good power below 7k these days....lol

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Oh and sorry for the smart ass remark, couldn't help meself and others had already answered the question :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts