Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i'm not a fan of drag racing on public roads or any kind of dangerous/stupid riding. I was riding home from visiting a friend at about midnight on a very empty stretch of dual lane road that had a good 10km's of open road with no houses around, just sand and open land.

Anyways, was riding when i noticed a car creep up slowly along side me, he gave a wave etc, i gave him a point forward as i always wanted to see the new GTR go in the flesh, so he pushes a few buttons on his touch screen and then gives it the beans. Must say i'm very impressed to see such a large car with a fat rear end move so fast.

We ended up along side each other again and i figured hey i'll give it a little out of curiosity. So i drop it back in 2nd gear at around 100km/h and we both had a squirt. It was dead even for a few seconds, then i started creeping ever so slightly as i hit 3rd, then he let off the gas.

Either way, im sure if we were silly enough to keep it going the GTR would have probably left me, after 200km/h. A car like that will always slowly reel in a bike when u head towards a bikes top speed. Hell, he may have even left me earlier, i was surprised i started pulling slowly in 3rd. They have roughly 545hp if i recall? always figured you would need around 500-600hp to leave the 600cc behind.

Anyways, bit of a boring story now that i think of it, but just thought i'd share. Straight line speed isn't what our bikes are made for but they still do pretty ok for the price. Just pretty cool to see a car move that quick in the flesh. Cheers.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
To a 600RR most modified cars or super sport cars can hang or even out run our bikes. The real fun is in the R1, S1000R, and Hayabusa. Well, it's no longer a question how motorcycle will go against cars anymore since the H2 came into the scene. Most people don't see our bikes as supersport or "race replica" until they go against it.

I once had a chance to go against a Lambo but too bad, my exit is right up ahead.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well I can say from what I've seen here there's a white full interior 2013 mustang that will eat up a s1000r or a busa lol. Car runs 8.8s but that's just one car. The place a 600 need to run a car is from a 20 roll or a dead stop running 70 then racing is like running a big block against a small block. Gotta know how to use what you have. Don't recommend racing on the roads but if you must do it on back roads or when no one is on the interstate where you can't kill someone's family.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To a 600RR most modified cars or super sport cars can hang or even out run our bikes. The real fun is in the R1, S1000R, and Hayabusa. Well, it's no longer a question how motorcycle will go against cars anymore since the H2 came into the scene. Most people don't see our bikes as supersport or "race replica" until they go against it.

I once had a chance to go against a Lambo but too bad, my exit is right up ahead.
The number of modified cars would be very low that could out sprint the 600rr easily. Maybe up past 250km/hr some might reel them in, but they would have to be fairly modded. 0-150km the RR will stick with or beat a lot of heavy weight cars in a quick sprint, if you know how to push it hard. There arent that many 500-600HP cars cruising around.

If we're talking litre bikes etc. you'll need 1000-1300HP to outrun the top 1000cc bikes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can say from what I've seen here there's a white full interior 2013 mustang that will eat up a s1000r or a busa lol. Car runs 8.8s but that's just one car. The place a 600 need to run a car is from a 20 roll or a dead stop running 70 then racing is like running a big block against a small block. Gotta know how to use what you have. Don't recommend racing on the roads but if you must do it on back roads or when no one is on the interstate where you can't kill someone's family.
Yeah, a car running 8's is unicorn rare, but impressive.

Road racing is a good way to get dead, hard sometimes when its late at night to give it a little kick once in a while, as long as you dont put anyone else in danger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well idk where yall live but it's not at all uncommon to see 5 to 10 cars at the local car meet that are in the 10s witch is already out running our 600s. It's not as hard as it used to be to get into the low 11s and high 10s. And yes this mustang is a unicorn

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Had a chance to meet an older gent (in a cardigan,no less) going E on hwy 198 a while ago.....he was driving a Mini Sport, quickly.

I was surprised at his corner speeds and my cbr would only slowly pull away from him in 3rd gear ...and the second that i would slow he would be back on my tail.

good driver, fast little car!

·
Registered
381 Posts
our bike can reach 200km/h quickly; you have the 0-200km/h spot to scare the **** out of the car and let him surrender...if not well is your turn.
Got a the beginning of the last year a little race with a nissan 370z and overtake it at 180/km with him ass smoking like a tanker was just priceless:cheers:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Depends on modifications too, if you've got a full system + tuning, you can easily have at least 15hp extra on top. No idea what that would mean in terms of how much horsepower they'd need, but it would mean extra time in playing catch up with the bike.

Off the line, it's almost always the bike.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not the easiest of videos to watch, but I could tell by the lines on the road and the disappearing lights of the Hayabusa's that it was moving pretty quick.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yah sorry about that it would not let me get the link on my phone. But that car is stupid. There's at least 4 cars around the house that can outrun liter bikes. And alot of cars that can outrun 600s. I always enjoy seeing liter bikes getting beat by cars in a straight line at least.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yah sorry about that it would not let me get the link on my phone. But that car is stupid. There's at least 4 cars around the house that can outrun liter bikes. And alot of cars that can outrun 600s. I always enjoy seeing liter bikes getting beat by cars in a straight line at least.

But can any of those cars outrun a 300 Winmag?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Pft unless these cars have 800 or 900 hp i find that super unlikely for a liter anyway. alot of cars out running a 600cc what.... u know theses bikes do high 9s low 10s stock right? Granted the driver makes all the difference

·
Registered
537 Posts
If Honda, Kawasaki or any other big name brand wanted to build motorcycles to go ridiculously fast in straight lines and beat modified cars, they would do it, easily.

The market doesn't give them any reason to, so you're not going to see it. Except for maybe the H2R. The 600's and 1000's SS's are designed for the track in case you're forgetting, they aren't designed for drag racing as such even though most of the time that people do go drag racing with them, they'll put the vast majority of sports cars to shame.

There are a fair few twin-turbo Hayabusa's and what not that run low 8 second quarter miles. Why not put them up against these cars?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts