Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wel my 600rr has not givin me any problems sinse i bought the bike about a year ago, and recently a started to hear a strange ratteling coming from the front section of the bike. the strange thing is that it only occurs when the bike is in gear and im cruiseing between 2-5k rpm. also when i squeez the clutch to disengage this ratteling will stop. it only happens when the bike is in gear and at low rpms. it may happen at higher revs but i cant tell. so basicly my question is... Has anyone heard of a problem like this, and what can i do to get rid of this. thank you for your time & imputs

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
i've heard of this in a lot of bikes. not just the RR. it's never posed a problem for any of them, and i had it in my last bike for over a year, and it didn't do a thing to her. IMO it isn't anything to worry about man, just keep an eye out for it in case it gets worse.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Motorcycleguy said:
Wel my 600rr has not givin me any problems sinse i bought the bike about a year ago, and recently a started to hear a strange ratteling coming from the front section of the bike. the strange thing is that it only occurs when the bike is in gear and im cruiseing between 2-5k rpm. also when i squeez the clutch to disengage this ratteling will stop. it only happens when the bike is in gear and at low rpms. it may happen at higher revs but i cant tell. so basicly my question is... Has anyone heard of a problem like this, and what can i do to get rid of this. thank you for your time & imputs

Could be the clutch or the basket. I have a CBR900RR and the basket rattles due to it being slightly worn.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i have the same problem i posted about this a couple weeks ago. it was called help i broke my bike. read the posts. what i'm going through sucks. it's an intermitten problem that will get louder and worse, but won't make the noise at the dealer. i don't know how to put up a link to the posting but i gave the titl maybe you can do a search, u should read it cause there a lot of good replys, but it's funny that people are talking about it. and the dealers are saying that they've never heard of it. i had to pay for diag time out of pocket while my bike is under warrenty. i love my bike, the problem i have is just a minor set back that i hope to get fixed during the rainy season.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Iv been having the same problem. it was never bad enough for me to get worried but it seems to be happening more then when it first started... To me in kinda sounds like metal clanging together.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
yea, it's not really a prob at all, and should pose one in the future either. jsut be sure to keep a small eye on it. ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hear a very slight knocking when the engine is cold (0-90 degrees) and goes away when the engine is over 120degrees. it's not the keys because I'm not moving.

·
Registered
881 Posts
is it a knock or more like a tick. It's probably the injectors clicking you're hearing. Our bikes makes lots of noises. If you squeeze your clutch while staying still, you'll hear a noise. It's common.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Motorcycleguy, if it's like a buzz... try putting your hand on the tank cover near the depressed part of it on the top.

I know when i took my bike apart and got it back together, the tank cover comes off of the foam on the tank, and now it rattles at about 5k rpm.

If you put your hand there and it stops, you need to get some foam rubber or something under there.. that's what i'm workin on right now.

·
Registered
972 Posts
today when i went for a ride i kept hearing a buzzing noise from the front of the bike. i took a look at the plastic screws that hold the windshield onto the bike and one was missing.

it was soo annoying riding like that. made the same noise like a kazoo.

i found a screw and washer that fits nicely so i spray painted it black to make it less obvious.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I hear a very slight knocking when the engine is cold (0-90 degrees) and goes away when the engine is over 120degrees. it's not the keys because I'm not moving.
is it a knock or more like a tick. It's probably the injectors clicking you're hearing. Our bikes makes lots of noises. If you squeeze your clutch while staying still, you'll hear a noise. It's common.
i hear that noise, too. it goes away after it warms up so i realized it's just the engine noise. no problem at all! booRR knows what he's tlaking about

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think i may have foun out what the problem is.... it seems to be that there is not enough tention on the chain. and at low rpm's it is alot looser than it would be at higher speeds. but good for us we have adjustable chain tentioners. so as soon as i gain enough motivation i will adjust the chain and let you all know if that was a difference...thank you for your responses

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
cool man, keep us posted, and be sure to let us know if your chain was the problem. that could help a lot of other people in the future.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts