Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if bikes have to be smog checked in California. Wondering cuz I wanted to de-california my bike. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I think in 05 they are gonna make bikes mandantory for smog, just like cars. Maybe it was just false info? but, thats what I heard. The Governator is taking a step towards pollution!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Sucks!

clevisBacon said:
I think in 05 they are gonna make bikes mandantory for smog, just like cars. Maybe it was just false info? but, thats what I heard. The Governator is taking a step towards pollution!
Oh Shiot! Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
876 Posts
clevisBacon said:
It would suck if they are going to do that, tell me its not true..

·
Registered
876 Posts
I guess more money for the govt.. Got to move out of Calif... As soon as I win the Lotto I am out the here.. Its not safe to ride the bike in the street of LA anyway..

·
Registered
243 Posts
If somg check is required in '05, anything prior to that year will be exempt! Although, the '03 & '04 "RR" would probably pass due to Honda's "clean air" mind set!

_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber exhaust
Galfer SS lines
Tomahawk M1-black
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

"The BITTERNESS of poor quality remains long after the SWEETNESS of a cheap price is forgotten!"

·
Registered
990 Posts
yeah I am worried by this!

My brother owns a smog station in burbank and he tells me bikes will need smog checks in 06 or something

that means we can't have slip ons or anything of the sort

how sucky!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts