Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys woke up this morning and was gettin ready to ride in to work. When i notice that out of the tail there seemed to be more activity in the back than usual. Im up and riding be 5:30 so when i start my bike usual it looks like smoke is coming out but its just heat. Today it seemed to be more than just heat. Now it was cold and drizzling so i didnt know if this had anything to do with it. So i just kinda ingnored it and rode to work.(5 miles) On my way in i loooked back at the tail pipe at a stop lights and noticed nothing unusual. Now when i got to work i parked the bike and looked again, nothing! As soon as i stopped, I saw what looked like smoke coming from under the front of the bike. I was late so i didnt have time to check it. It did have a smell to it like oil but i had my helmet and a face mask on so couldn't tell to much. Any ideas on what it might be. I have never dropped it only has 500 miles on it so no oil change yet. I am confused on what it could be. Should i take it in to the dealer when i get out of work today? Thanks guys cheers
:beer:

·
Registered
345 Posts
its condensation from moisture hitting the headers, if you ride in the rain you will get a steambath on your windscreen.. shoulda seen mine yesterday on the way home.. the steam is so bad it was fogging my faceshield on my helmet.. :toothy4: no worries.. did "smoke" also catch up to you at lights? like when you stopped a rush came up from behind?

·
Registered
960 Posts
It should be under some sort of warranty its always better to be safe then sorry because oil is nothing to be playing around with in the automotive world.

Look for spots on the ground when you get out. also smell around the lower fairings and if you can get your hand in there near the drain plug and see if it has oil on it. good luck bro.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It should be under some sort of warranty its always better to be safe then sorry because oil is nothing to be playing around with in the automotive world.

Look for spots on the ground when you get out. also smell around the lower fairings and if you can get your hand in there near the drain plug and see if it has oil on it. good luck bro.
X2, good advice

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt notice any smoke at the stop lights but there are only 3 or 4 on my way to work. Just when i got to work its only about a 15 minute ride in. I'll check it on my lunch break it usually warms up to around 70 by then. thanks for the help

K

·
0 Posts
Now it was cold and drizzling so i didnt know if this had anything to do with it.
It's cold. it's just cooler exhaust gases with water. nothing to worry about. the hotter the pipe gets, the less condensation you'll see.

As soon as i stopped, I saw what looked like smoke coming from under the front of the bike.
Rain + Hot Headers + Hot Radiator = Steam

again, nothing to worry about.

Should i take it in to the dealer when i get out of work today? Thanks guys cheers
:beer:
Unless you enjoy spending money you don't have to... i'd say no.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i rode home it was about 60 degrees and just the regular heat was comming out the back so im pretty sure nothin was wrong this morning just some steam off the engine. Well thank for all the help and easing my worries at work guys lata... time for saturday night to start:all_cohol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts