Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY bike is smoking when i bought it the guy said that he had a jardine slip-on. He put the stock pipe back on it and he said he spilled oil in it and that is why it smokes. But when I first fire it up it does not smoke what so ever but when it gets around 180 degrees it will smoke out of the pipe and you can swipe your finger in the pipe and it is oily so how long would it take to burn the oil out. Or are their something wrong it does not burn a drop of oil out of the motor. It has 8900 miles on it and it runs great just smokes when it get hot and it is blue smoke. Thx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes just did oil change and it only smokes when it gets warm not on start up i have just maybe put 15 miles on it since I got it and you can wipe inside the pipe and it is oily but their is non coming from the motor thx

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
How do you know it ain't coming from the motor? Kinda impossible considering the exhaust is connected to it and the motor is the only thing that has oil in it besides the forks. If it does it when the engine warms up and it's not coming from the motor, that means there is oil inside the pipe meaning someone put it there as a "prank" Cause when it warms up, it'll heat up the oil that's sitting there causing it to "smoke" and just like water, oil condensates which is why you can find it around the tip. I'd say take off the exhaust and take a look inside. Worst comes to worse you're gonna have to take off the headers and drain whatever crap is in there.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
your best bet, is what 1ofakind said. i would just take the entire exhaust off and clean it or let it run for a while and burn the oil out!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Try the patch, maybe tough at first but hang in there..

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
how long would it take to burn it out of the pipe
i have no idea, i would run it for a while i mean actually ride for about 100 or so miles. if the doesnt work then take it off and clean it. if that dont work, put out a hit on the guy that sold it to you!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
yeah man, you need to eliminate the possibility of it being oil in the exhaust.

Pull the radiator to get to the headers, drop them, and use kerosene or some other oil-dissolvent and wash it out.

If it continues, and if you do not notice any oil washing out then its your rings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thx for the help what is Mikep talking about with the patch like cleaning a gun?? when I get the pipe good and hot and ride it for a while I shut it off and it is smoking out the pipe for a few min. and you can swipe your finger in it and it is oily. If it was using that much oil i would notice dissapering from the motor.

·
Registered
901 Posts
if its soaked into the packing in the muffler you will never burn it all out you should just pick up an aftermarket pipe and be done with the smoking .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx for the help. Iam going to order a pipe the oil has been in there for a while so do yall think it probly got into my headers as well to and if it did will carb cleaner clean it out pretty good I will ride 4 or 5 miles and check the oil and it does not move and the end of the pipe gets pretty oily and I can let it cool down for 15-20 min. and fire it up and it does not smoke at all until it get hot.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Thx for the help. Iam going to order a pipe the oil has been in there for a while so do yall think it probly got into my headers as well to and if it did will carb cleaner clean it out pretty good I will ride 4 or 5 miles and check the oil and it does not move and the end of the pipe gets pretty oily and I can let it cool down for 15-20 min. and fire it up and it does not smoke at all until it get hot.
Yeah, like I said, there's probably oil sitting in the pipes. Doesn't mean it's coming out of the motor. Some jackass could've poured some in there.

·
Registered
901 Posts
whats in the header will burn out quickly . the packing in the muffler is a diff story .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts