Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips? I've had my RR for over a year and have been riding for about 11, but lately it seems my shifting is not very smooth.
One thing I've changed was the free play in the clutch. When the free play was beyond what the manual states I shifted fine, but ever since I've put it to specs my shifting is terrible. Should I just put it back to the way it was? Even if it's more free play than what the manual suggests?

·
Registered
37 Posts
How exactly do you set your clutch engagement? I replaced my lever and it just doesn't feel right now. Thanks! Shawn300zTT

·
Registered
419 Posts
it possible it's just that you were so uses to how the clutch was before and now that you have adjusted it you still haven't gotten uses to the new position and feeling of were it is grabbing now

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it possible it's just that you were so uses to how the clutch was before and now that you have adjusted it you still haven't gotten uses to the new position and feeling of were it is grabbing now
I think that's what it is, but I've been riding with it like this for about a week and each time I ride my shifting seems more sloppy. Should I keep it, or go back to where it feels more natural? If I switch it back, can the extra slack cause damage to the clutch? The free play is not excessive to where I can't fully disengage the clutch when pulled in, but it is beyond what the manual suggests.

·
Registered
134 Posts
don't use the clutch ha ! the bike likes clutchless up shifts!
also factors are your foot..check the shifter linkage...some times its your footwear..ie sandalls suck for shifting..if its still too clunky drop some cash ola @ factory pro and get the detent star shift kit makes shifts like butta! no more hunting for 1st at the stop light!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts