Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOTM 06/2008
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so since some idiot stole my precious Stahlwille tools, I have to go invest in some new.
Snap-on. I'm starting out with a 3/8 reatched to see how much I will fall in love.
Can you guys give me some golden advices moving into an american feinschmecker brand from across the pond?
I'v noticed you don't get much of a bargain buying in sets at the homepage. So I might aswell just buy precisely the things I need.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Snap-on makes a good tool, no doubt. you could also look into Matco or Mac for some higher end tools. probably wont find many deals other then the weekly specialls offered to the mechanics. not sure if you can get the same prices online, or over seas?

·
Registered
27 Posts
after owning all types of wrenches from the basic walmart ones to cut up to snap on and matco. hands down i would go with matco. the tool quality is better and the feel is so much nicer. i was an aircraft mechanic for 5 years and my box is 90% matco (including the box) the only snap on tools i own are the special aircraft ones only they make. i had a real nice set of snapon screwdrivers and the one broke under normal pressure the screw wasn't even torqued down and they didn't wanna honor their garentee sayin that it wasn't a manufator defect. that is why i say matco.

·
Registered
27 Posts
snapon does make some tools that only they make esp for motorcycles and aircraft but for just regular tools. matco and mac have the best tools with the best prices.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
snap on is great, just dont get their air tools, i love my IR air tools a lot.
matco and make are great too, i just dont have much of them, so my experiences are limited.
i like the matco boxes a lot too.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I've had the same set of Metwrench tools for more than 10 years and use them on everything from race karts to bikes and cars. The only bits I've had to replace are the few that I lost. They have a great warranty too. Check out Metwrench.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts