1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The view from my bathroom window

As i walk out my door and onto the sidewalk

Great way for my rotors to rust and my calipers to seize

It rained hard for about 30 mins max and that was over an hour and 1/2 ago. i just happened to look at the window while taking a piss to see the parking lot.
Now in the morning i have to make sure water didn't find its way into the crankcase. Add this to my list of things to bitch about when i go and try to get out of my lease agreement here at this crappy apartment

·
Registered
350 Posts
!

Wow thats insane! ive never heard of such rain in AZ. Are there no storm drains? :tard: Hmm, But it looks like this is going to be a close call on the condition of your bike. I hope for the best that all is well though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to get out of your lease and they wont let you...... just make them kick you out and don't use them as a reference.

i want my security deposit back :banghead:

i'm quite pissed off about the whole parking lot and all the sidewalks and stuff flooding as well. tomorrow should be fun

also i'm glad i didn't go to bed early tonight otherwise it would have been out there soaking in the water all night and it looks as if the water level has kept going up

·
Registered
528 Posts
i would drain the oil and make sure no water made it into the crankcase. might wanna clean and relube that chain too. That sucks man, best of luck though!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow thats insane! ive never heard of such rain in AZ. Are there no storm drains? :tard: Hmm, But it looks like this is going to be a close call on the condition of your bike. I hope for the best that all is well though.
AZ doesn't need much rain to flood a lot of areas. The very dry land and a lack of any thing resembling good drainage....they don't have the "stupid motorist law" for nothing lol

But regardless of that, this is absolutely ridiculous for a residential parking lot. GL with it and I hope it doesn't cause any problems...and hope you are able to get outta the lease as well...thats crazy:all_cohol

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
fuckk yeah it was pouriin, the streets were flooded. like an hour ago that suckks man mine was in the garage. luckily i live on a little hill
lucky for you

damn that is one hell of a rain storm

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
sucks mine. mine sit on top of a mountain under a car port in the middle of no where

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Simply BS what do u got to do test the parking premises before moving in
i hope they give you a speedo , flip flops and a towl when they handed you the
lease and the keys even with all the rain we get here in FL i never ever had to
go what you are going thru best of luck man

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Not cool bro, hope once everything dries up everything runs like it should.

I guess next time it rains park that bitch in your apartment!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
You'll be fine. I know guys who have run their bikes through streams, creeks, etc, deeper than that. As long as it's not SUCKING water through the ducts the air inlet/filter is all on top of the tank. That's barely past the lowers.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the bike should be ok but i'm still going to drain the oil. i just don't know if i'm going to send the bill to my insurance and let them go after the apt complex or if i'm going to just send it to the apt. its not good for the bike to be sitting in water like that though. Its still raining this morning and the parking lot has drained off most of the water it looks like but there is still some large puddles

·
I AM The Righty
2,380 Posts
I bet the sham-wow-towel could soak that up
seriously though, that is some BS if you're getting flooded like that

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
i would drain the oil and make sure no water made it into the crankcase. might wanna clean and relube that chain too. That sucks man, best of luck though!
What he said! Give it a good clean and inspect everything. Find higher ground to park ur precious bike.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Hope your bike's OK bro. We've been getting rain every day here. Nothing too bad tho; I just hope it all stops once I start ridin. Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts