Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know this may sound stupid, but i've read a bunch of "gas mileage" type posts and almost everyone says they fill up at around 130ish. some people even say they only put about 2.5 gallons in it too. i thought i was crazy when i thought i got 200ish...but i put in over 4 gallons each fillup. according to the specs, the 2006 will hold 4.8 gals.

so here's my question: why does everyone fill up so early? am i missing something?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Because they don't like/want to walk (as in to a gas station)!
This. It's embarrassing.

Not that I've had to do it, or anything...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dont mean to thread jack here, but when you do run out of gas is it like your car? What i mean is, does it stall out on you but you can kinda get it to start back up and get just a bit farther?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dont mean to thread jack here, but when you do run out of gas is it like your car? What i mean is, does it stall out on you but you can kinda get it to start back up and get just a bit farther?

I ran out of gas last year...it sputters and dies. I did not try to start it again until I put gas in the tank. Funny thing is my last bar never flashed red like it normally does when im really low on gas. So, now I fill up around 130-140 mile mark(i reset my trip mile every time I fill up)

·
Registered
991 Posts
lol.... no, once it dies it pretty much dies. You might get it to turn over but it will immediately die. No reserve tank in these bad boys and the fuel pump is at the very bottom of the tank so there isnt much hope for anything but walking.

Back to the OP. I usually fill up around 120-130 ish and the light comes out right around there if not a little after. Realize that once that light comes on you have about 30-40 miles (at least in my '07) so you could theoretically get 170 out of it or more if you are riding like a grandma but IMO I would never want to find out how low it can go. I spent way to much time walking dirt bikes back to the truck when I was a kid.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Gas cost the same if your walking to the pump or riding up to it. =)

So I rather fill up early than to risk having to push my 200+ RR to the nearest gas station. Therefore I just use the mile counter and reset and fill up around +/- 115miles. Always prepared for the unsuspecting traffic jam or detour.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I fill up often. Usually when the gauge says 2 bars.

And what do ya know, I've never run out of gas! :drunk:
I ran out of gas when my gauge was reading 2 bars :cursin:, so take this with a grain of salt... :banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts