Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
thats nuts. the 2 best riders in the states acting like kids. what happened to healthy competetion and clean rivalries?

·
Registered
799 Posts
No, it's not competition that does it, it's personality disorders. Rossi hangs with the boys and has a few beers (well, except for Sete). Hopkins rolls with other MotoGP guys all the time, and there's nobody more competitive than Hopper. Mladin is a spoiled bitch and it disgusts me that someone so talented can't figure out how to just be genuinely happy for Spies while at the same time try to beat him. He has six titles in a row, right? He reminds me of the kid who has everything throwing a tantrum in Toys R Us because he can't have another candy bar.

·
Registered
919 Posts
hey it's not a popularity contest. that whole friggin article was ragging on mladin for being a ****, totally one-sided without Mat's side of it. It's probably true Mladin is a bitch but he's not paid to fake being nice. The whole fracas with Hodgson is a case in point... Mladin is a d1ck to everybody (even the riders who aren't a competitive threat like Hodgson).

If you read some of his articles Mladin's written at the Soup he comes across as an extremely smart guy who understands the game.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ichiro said:
hey it's not a popularity contest. that whole friggin article was ragging on mladin for being a ****, totally one-sided without Mat's side of it. It's probably true Mladin is a bitch but he's not paid to fake being nice. The whole fracas with Hodgson is a case in point... Mladin is a d1ck to everybody (even the riders who aren't a competitive threat like Hodgson).

If you read some of his articles Mladin's written at the Soup he comes across as an extremely smart guy who understands the game.
It's not a popularity contest, that's exactly what I'm saying. Some people have IT, some don't. Mladin doesn't. He doesn't have the certain code of honor that makes a guy's guy. Maybe Hodgson did something wrong, maybe not... but the guy is a freaking WSB CHAMPION! And sorry, IMO, one WSB title is better than six AMA titles... give the guy some respect. He's just the middle school bully who keeps failing eighth grade so he doesn't have to go to high school and get his lily ass kicked.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
CCSEX122 said:
It's not a popularity contest, that's exactly what I'm saying. Some people have IT, some don't. Mladin doesn't. He doesn't have the certain code of honor that makes a guy's guy. Maybe Hodgson did something wrong, maybe not... but the guy is a freaking WSB CHAMPION! And sorry, IMO, one WSB title is better than six AMA titles... give the guy some respect. He's just the middle school bully who keeps failing eighth grade so he doesn't have to go to high school and get his lily ass kicked.
LOL, Nice!

Funny how that stuff works.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
That sucks. I love watching them two race. It' like you know who's going to finish 1st and 2nd but 3rd is the race you watch. I wish they could get along. I like Spies much better than Mat. The only thing Ben needs to improve on is the post race interview. He don't show much excitement and he's kinda short with words. I like Bens attitude though. I hope he wins his 7 in a row.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Gotta love my local newspaper. Its in town here, in NorCal. Where else would a sports columnist use the words "if you want to get the dope on ben" cuz norcal is all pothead country

·
Registered
799 Posts
phatnismo said:
i just dont like his(Mladin) attitude.he still like a kid that wants all the candies and only he can have it.
Just like in real life, someone eventually has a sugar fit and punches that fat kid in the mouth... enter Ben Spies :)

Mladin SUCKS

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I guess there are always two sides to a story. Mladin is a great racer there is no doubt about it. He lacks personal skils, this is true, but i dont think he is out there to hang with the boys anymore. You can fault him for that or just accept it, thats just his personality. That is just his job no matter how smug he is. I agree its sweet that he has competition again because its been such a long time since he's had any, and now he actually has to work to figure his racing strategy again.
Everything that i have heard about Ben is great, but i cant say as much for his mom. I heard from different racers that she is a Bi*ch to everyone all the time. Whether she is just like that, or really looking out for Ben I cant say, but the Bi*ch part seems to be the general consensus from everything that ive heard. Who knows though, maybe if I met her she would be super nice, likewise for Mladin.
One thing's for sure though, if i was in Matts place I would be much more gracious in defeat and happy that I had some competition again.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What has Mladin done or said that is so negative? Everything I've seen watching the races and reading Superbikeplanet or Road Racing World hasn't been bad. You can tell Mladin's not happy but he hasn't bad-mouthed Spies or made excuses. He congratulated Spies on the cool-down lap at Infineon...

I've never been a big Mladin fan (I bleed Honda red), but I respect his no BS approach. He's very similar to Wayne Rainey, Eddie Lawson or Kenny Roberts in that way.

N

·
0 Posts
But Biaggi was the same way (serious look, took competition seriously) yet he was branded as a "Bad Guy".

I liked Biaggi....I hope he comes back.

N

·
0 Posts
RRdvark said:
Biaggi was all excuses, though. It was always the bike or the tire, never him.
Yeah true but think about it. What if it was the bike all along?

Just like Rossi is having problems with his bike, and Edwards saying the same thing about his bike (chatter, chatter, and more chatter). Obviously it's affecting their performance.

So, what if it was the bike all this time, and not him? How is that any different?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
LOL but mladin didnt get off a million dollar bike and tip it over in a temper tantrum. Honda didnt like that to much.....I couldnt believe that Biaggi did that. I havent heard Mladin complaining about how his bike isnt working. Im pretty sure he said that he was just out raced and would have to go back to rethink his way around the tracks.

Yes, but Rossi was obviously having issues with his bike though, and we clearly saw both sides. The earlier races with the older frame and chatter where he did poorly, and the LeMans race with his 05 frame where he smoked em until the damn bike expired.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts