Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Pics and Vids in Post #26

So looking at pics, the 2 Brothers slip on sticks out a good ~2" out past the tail.

Doing some research, I stumbled upon this thread: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=132357

After seeing the pics, I decided I want to cut this down 1.5". So I am sending my can to an AWESOME member on here who is going to do this mod for me as he has already done this and it came out perfect!!!

Cannot wait.

Here is my CF slip on

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2006 Stock OEM Exhaust and 2007 Stock OEM Exhaust

Would anyone be interested in a STOCK OEM 2006 and 2007 exhaust system?

2006 has 4,500 miles on it

2007 has 5,500 miles on it

Let me know if you're interested

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looks awesome man... I like the pipe is not shiny like there other ones?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looks nice man I would have left it the way it was IMO.. Lets see some pics when you get it installed!!! You use high temp Paint btw?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice man I would have left it the way it was IMO.. Lets see some pics when you get it installed!!! You use high temp Paint btw?
Yes, I used Engine Enamel paint rated at 500°F

I am in the process of painting rearsets and pegs black so that section of the bike is all black and the SS mid pipe would of looked out of place

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,730 Posts
Curious to see if the paint holds up over time. I wonder how hot the midpipe gets....
Can you keep us updated? Gonna look really good with the midpipe blacked out. I may just do this also.
I had mine painted held up amazing not on issue. just gotta use hi heat paint.

Reactions: wrathsrr

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curious to see if the paint holds up over time. I wonder how hot the midpipe gets....
Can you keep us updated? Gonna look really good with the midpipe blacked out. I may just do this also.
If properly prepped, and properly cured, I don't see why the paint shouldn't last. I bet the mid pipe gets to 180°F - 200°F...

I will definitly keep you posted..
I had mine painted held up amazing not on issue. just gotta use hi heat paint.
Yeah the paint that I used is rated to 500°F

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
the mid pipe probably gets much hotter than 180-200.. think about it, it's only 3-4 feet away from the exhaust outlet on the engine block. Internal combustion engine combustion chambers can reach temps over 3000 degrees (not saying these engines do, but it's possible) our engines probably reach 1800 degrees or something close

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the mid pipe probably gets much hotter than 180-200.. think about it, it's only 3-4 feet away from the exhaust outlet on the engine block. Internal combustion engine combustion chambers can reach temps over 3000 degrees (not saying these engines do, but it's possible) our engines probably reach 1800 degrees or something close
You're wrong......

I am assuming that the Honda I4 motor is made from aluminum. The melting point for aluminum is 1,221°F. There's NO WAY our motor reaches 1,800°F. Also, the boiling point for aluminum is 4,556°F

As for the exhasut, you also have to remeber there is a constant flow of rushing/moving air (except when stationary) moving across the motor/exhaust...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sent my can out yesterday to get cut down 2". Cannot wait to get it back and install it!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man can was received yesterday and was already done yesterday in 1 hrs time.

My package is coming back home to me today and should be in my hands next week tuesday I am guessing.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Before and After: 2 Brothers "Black Series" Carbon Fiber

So as some of you may have seen, the 2 Brothers exhaust sticks out quite a bit past the tail housing on the bike. Most people cut it down ~2" to make it sit flush, also so that their IT is more visiable as well.

I sent mine out to get it cut down, let's just say ~1.875"

So onto the pics. Hopfully I'll get it installed today.

BEFORE - Stock Length

AFTER: Cut Down ~1.875"

Semi assembled with my painted mid pipe

Now I just need to go install it on the bike :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
You're wrong......

I am assuming that the Honda I4 motor is made from aluminum. The melting point for aluminum is 1,221°F. There's NO WAY our motor reaches 1,800°F. Also, the boiling point for aluminum is 4,556°F

As for the exhasut, you also have to remeber there is a constant flow of rushing/moving air (except when stationary) moving across the motor/exhaust...
I was going to say the same thing. Even if the engine block was some type of aluminum that could withstand 1800 F, all the aluminum parts near by would be warping. 1800 F doesn't sound realistic.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow... That two bros is sick dude. I love the black series, and then the black you used to paint the linkage pipe looks great as well. Good job.

I want to see it installed!! :popcorn:
Ask, and you shall receive.. Sort of

So I got my exhaust back from Alan yesterday and was able to jump on it late in the afternoon. Ran into a couple of snags. For instance, the wiring under the tail section is kind of a mess. It uses the stock fendor, has Hot Bodies turn signals. So there are some wires spliced and what not. Turns out, I pulled the left turn signal out of the wire tap. So last night after getting the exhasut all on, I was trying to hook up the turn signal back up (which I did), but in the process I had the bike on and off to repeadtly to make sure the turn signal was working. At most, the duration the bike was left on while checking was probably less than 5 mins. But I ended up draining that battery. So after work today I will stop by my buddies to pick up his trickle charger.

Sucks I couldn't evern hear the exhasut last night. EPIC FAIL when I went to start it :banghead:

Anyways, onto some pics. Also, now I know why everyone paints their catalytic convertor......

Here is the plastic heat sheild that was originally silver. Had to fill in some scratches. Came out great. I also put on some heat resistant tape on the back side.

Stock Exhaust: YUCK!!!!

2 Brothers Mocked Up :cool:

Those are all the pics I got for now. It was dark out, I was cold as it started to snow.... in April..... in Chicago

More pics to come on Thursday

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
^Think we caught someone trying to give advice, but in reality was only talking out their @
Is this aimed at me? Because No, I wasn't talking out of my ass. You do realize I said the combustion chamber, not the chamber walls or engine block. The walls of the chamber don't get that hot because of the coolant circulating through the block drawing heat out. It's also not a continuous heat. There's a way to figure out the exact temp but I don't know the exacts about it. It has to do with cylinder size, compression ratio, gasoline ignition and some other things

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is this aimed at me? Because No, I wasn't talking out of my ass. You do realize I said the combustion chamber, not the chamber walls or engine block. The walls of the chamber don't get that hot because of the coolant circulating through the block drawing heat out. It's also not a continuous heat. There's a way to figure out the exact temp but I don't know the exacts about it. It has to do with cylinder size, compression ratio, gasoline ignition and some other things
You're still wrong... Even at the temps that you suggest, that would still melt everything and boil coolant....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts