Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing all the options I had about fixing my engine, I just decided it would be easier to buy a used one, and put it in my bike. I found one on eBay I bought for $780 shipped. It has 4K miles on it, and the compression test results were 180-190.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the engine I have. Should I part it out, or leave it for a later project? If I part it out, how many people here would be interested in buying parts?

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Not sure what's wrong with the one you took out, but I'd fix it and have an extra engine, or sell it after it's rebuilt.......:cruising:

Oh....and I would be very interested in buying the right side clutch cover.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what's wrong with the one you took out, but I'd fix it and have an extra engine, or sell it after it's rebuilt.......:cruising:

Well the right side clutch cover I would have available is someone dented according to the photos. I'm replacing those with the ones I had on my original engine (I had them powdercoated black).

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

did i miss something? did you crash your baybe?

to OP

sounds like a GREAT time to put some good money into a motor

mmmm cams, bored, up the compression a bit

mmmmmmmmm

being that you have a second motor, can take your sweet time and not miss any time with your baybe

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
the new engines clutch cover has a dent in it? from my past experience they dont dent, they just break lol... hope you get it back together and running man!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the new engines clutch cover has a dent in it? from my past experience they dont dent, they just break lol... hope you get it back together and running man!
My engine is currently in route from Reno. The engine I bought definitely looked like it's been dumped, but that's not a big deal. The right side cover was scratched and dented to ****, but the compression test came up good, so I went for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Having an extra engine will be really be a advantage coz you can rebuilt it to the max for really performance race or just for a back up engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts