Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RR for a little over a month now but since its a track only bike I've only been able to ride it up and down my street.

Well I had my first track day on it at Barber this weekend, and the bike performed awesome! I set my suspension up for my big ass as best I could and I ran pilot powers @ 30-31 psi the bike was very predictable and gripped well.

Its been almost 10 years since I had a 600 (97 GSXR600) and let me tell you things have changed, hell even compared my old roomates F4i this thing has got some serious grunt. I was very impressed with the way the bike performed. The brakes were steller, the bike stable and predictable, and it pulled very strong through out the mid range and into the redline.

I will need some rearsets though, as I found myself dragging the stock ones. Although I'm sure some more practice with body postion will help also.

Anyway here are some pictures.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EP3hatch03 said:
sexy 1000rr
It's a 600. Or are you looking at something else?

Hunter73 said:
Those pictures rock! Bike looks great!
Thanks! It wouldn't have come together so nicely without the help of this forum.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Barbers is a sweet a$$ track. I've thought about riding up to leeds and hitting some track days. I've never been on a track and would love to learn. I just cant afford the cost of the track days at barbers.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dj3253 said:
Barbers is a sweet a$$ track. I've thought about riding up to leeds and hitting some track days. I've never been on a track and would love to learn. I just cant afford the cost of the track days at barbers.
It's $205 with sportbike track time, and $195 with NESBA.

Membership to STT is $30 and NESBA is $75.

So its a little expensive but not all that bad really.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Boosted Josh said:
It's $205 with sportbike track time, and $195 with NESBA.

Membership to STT is $30 and NESBA is $75.

So its a little expensive but not all that bad really.

Yeah, its not really too bad. But with my fiance having 3 kids all under the age of 5 then money is REALLY tight for me. I have to save money for months just to buy something less then $150 for the bike. I would still love to learn to lean that thing over and blast through the turns on a track. I have an 04 that i stunt with and an 05 that i ride around and want to get to the track one day.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Great pictures bro thanks for sharing did u check out
the bikes musuem while u were there that place rocks

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The bike really looks amazing, very nice pics indeed...

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Great pics. Can't wait for my first trackday.

·
Registered
549 Posts
nice pics, I would love to go to a track but I am not sure if there are any around here. South Bend, Indiana. near chicago, anyone know of a close one.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
moeman said:
Great pictures bro thanks for sharing did u check out
the bikes musuem while u were there that place rocks

I live about 10 minutes from Barber, so I've been a couple of times. It is one thing that anyone who is into bikes really should check out! The musuem is really amazing.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hunter73 said:
Jeez, I had to come back again to look at your bike. This is definately one of my favs.
Thanks!

I got the bodywork from a member here. It's hotbodies and it fits pretty well, although it's not sharkskinz by any means. But hey, it was cheap and came painted, I'm not going to complain.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts