Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pondering a different trackbike lately. I'm still keeping the 03 600rr. I'm not totally off my rocker.

Short story:

I rode the wife's sv650 not so long ago around in the slow group a couple sessions at a local trackday. (Wouldn't do to flog the mrs. bike in plain site.)The suspension/brakes kinda blow...but you simplay cannot get on the throttle too soon or too hard! So I've been thinking ever since about building up an sv for something different on trackdays. The ever popular "honey, it's really for you" excuse applies here.:icon_lol:

I used to have a 954,and later 1krr, to swap back and forth on. The differences in bike ability sure helped me past some roadblocks mentally...not to mention they were hella fun bikes in their own way. My thought was that a twin will help me with the whole carry corner speed and throtlle application stumbles I still tend to do with my 600rr...In the "+" column: suzuki stuff sure is cheap and plentiful...even though the build quality isn't on the same level as honda. My bud's are always remarking how easy suzuki stuff is to work on...

Any of you other folks try different bikes? Does this sound like a worthwhile project? It's either that or I go looking for an XX for street use.

Any .net vendors that'd have some inroads to cheap sv/gsxr bits?:toothy4:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
"Private ioweed........choke your self!!!!!"
"With my hand!!!!!"
"Dont touch me!! Now lean forward and choke yourself"

I'd think that would be a big transition to make back and forth from v-twin to inline 4
maybe not though.

Designate the 03 for street and get an 05-06 w/inverted forks for the track

Your talking about like "throttle chop" through a corner right??

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, just selling project frank. Essentially an 05 trackbike.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=119457

I still have the extra motor sitting in the garage...was seriously considering building another one. Making it a 750 killer...I've got a few track buds equally divided on the topic of twins. A quick look on ebay shows sv and mods to be pretty cheap and available too. Doesn't show much for XX though.

Wife wants me to just polish the 03 up some and see about trading it in on the rumored new honda. Hard to justify knowing polish doesn't add to trade-in value.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts