Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took my buddy and i about 5 tries, what a pain in the ass

i leave the bike's fan on for a few minutes to cool down and the bike just wouldnt start up! i wonder if my battery is taking a ****

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Teg
leaving the fan on to cool the bike without the engine running will suck a lot of juice out of the battery for that same reason when i stop at red lights
and i feel , hear the fan coming on i turn my high beam off until i start moving again

You can always disconnect the battery and take it to an automotive parts
store where they will do a load test on the battery for free and that would
give you a feel for the battery's life

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
youre probably right, i had the engine off AND the highbeam on with the fan going....lesson learned

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
youre probably right, i had the engine off AND the highbeam on with the fan going....lesson learned
had the same problem with the battery dying on me last wed when me and Andrewbox went riding. i left the lights/highbeam on for a while maybe 10mins or so with the engine off. i turn it on and whaddya know, battery is drained! good thing i read that thread on how to push start a bike. Andrew ended up pushing me and the bike to 10mph then i got the bike to start.

btw, i got the bike to start on the first try!!! never tried it before but it started right up! here's what u do: with the ignition on, put the bike in 2nd gear and hold he clutch in. roll to about 10mph and let out the lutch quickly and it should start right up. easy as cake :wav:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Uuuuhh.... I had to do that last winter because my kawa EX500 battery went dead, so I was going to start it up to get the battery charged.

My brother in law pushed me down the road infront of our house 10 millions time and it won't start.
My neighbour laughed at us and told me to go buy battery tender, he said he has one on his bike and it works wonder.
So the next day I went and buy them thing.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
had the same problem with the battery dying on me last wed when me and Andrewbox went riding. i left the lights/highbeam on for a while maybe 10mins or so with the engine off. i turn it on and whaddya know, battery is drained! good thing i read that thread on how to push start a bike. Andrew ended up pushing me and the bike to 10mph then i got the bike to start.

btw, i got the bike to start on the first try!!! never tried it before but it started right up! here's what u do: with the ignition on, put the bike in 2nd gear and hold he clutch in. roll to about 10mph and let out the lutch quickly and it should start right up. easy as cake :wav:
And hit the ignition button at the same time, right? Even if the battery can't run the stator, it makes the spark, I think.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Had to do this many times, even by myself! I would stand next to bike while in N and start running along side till about 10mph and then jump on shift up and BAM it would start up.

But when you push start it, do it in second gear and you only need to reach 7 or 8mph TOPS and it will start. Just pop the clutch and off you go.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
And hit the ignition button at the same time, right? Even if the battery can't run the stator, it makes the spark, I think.
no, have the ignition already in the "on" position. of course since the battery is dead u won't see anything on ur dash.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Uuuuhh.... I had to do that last winter because my kawa EX500 battery went dead, so I was going to start it up to get the battery charged.

My brother in law pushed me down the road infront of our house 10 millions time and it won't start.
My neighbour laughed at us and told me to go buy battery tender, he said he has one on his bike and it works wonder.
So the next day I went and buy them thing.
nice move- battery tender is a must

·
Balky Bartokomous
834 Posts
Update? Did it start up the next time you tried?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts