1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
spread the pistons back apart if they didnt come out

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
As above, push the piston back into the body of the rear caliper and you should be able to get the caliper back over the disc. Probably be a good opportunity to give the piston & caliper a clean too. You don't want dirt getting inside the caliper/into your fluid etc.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If they leaked any fluid from around the pistons you need to bleed them and maybe replace the rubber in your calipers.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I usually just throw a flat head screwdriver between the pads and rotate the tip. This spreads them open
I do the same, but throw a thick rag around the screwdriver so I'm not gouging the pads.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
when i take my wheels off, i generally will zap strap the foot lever up, and for the front i take the lever right off. i do this because i got kids who like to touch stuff.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't do that again- learn from your mistakes. No biggee, just do what they said. A big flat head screwdriver works wonders to pry the pads apart and back into their piston holes so long as your not levering it with the sharp end. Just slowly push it in between the pads (don't chunk them) and then twist it like a throttle so the body of the screwdriver (if it's an octagonal one) will pry the pads open. Shouldn't have any fluid issues so long as it wasn't overfilled with the pads in the closed position. This might be a good time, once reinstalled, to bleed the brakes properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts