Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you that know my bike can you tell what I did? ;)

It took me 8 hours by myself. My next phase is pending powdercoating. I'm working the other end of the spectrum next. I know green is not a favorite for many but so far mine is the only one of its kind!

For comparison: (look behind the RC)

·
Banned
433 Posts
Ok, so for those of us whos world does not revolve around your bike, what did you do? I'm assuming it's the green graphics. Then again, do graphics qualify as an upgrade?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
damn andy, lookin good. you swap out your forks and put the new wheels on. niiiiice!!!

sucks you did it by yourself. sorry i couldnt come by and help bro. im in the process of moving to my new place.
and i didnt do the trackday, thats why i didnt borrow your trailer. gixxer homie flaked last minute and im moving.

i need to come by and check your ride out in person. haha. make sure the brakes are on right and dont lock up. lol.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so for those of us whos world does not revolve around your bike, what did you do? I'm assuming it's the green graphics. Then again, do graphics qualify as an upgrade?
Grafix were done in 04. Maybe I need a before shot. Let me dig one up. Then the new parts will be evident.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn andy, lookin good. you swap out your forks and put the new wheels on. niiiiice!!!

sucks you did it by yourself. sorry i couldnt come by and help bro. im in the process of moving to my new place.
and i didnt do the trackday, thats why i didnt borrow your trailer. gixxer homie flaked last minute and im moving.

i need to come by and check your ride out in person. haha. make sure the brakes are on right and dont lock up. lol.
Thanks Mel, you can still help out with the swingarm lol. I'm going to send it off but when it comes back I'm swapping it. ;)

I have 2 06 swingarms. One of them the guy didn't tell me had rash so he did a partial refund.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Thanks Mel, you can still help out with the swingarm lol. I'm going to send it off but when it comes back I'm swapping it. ;)

I have 2 06 swingarms. One of them the guy didn't tell me had rash so he did a partial refund.
deal, ill help you out mang...no prob.
you gotta help me swap mine out when i get it back from the powdercoater...should be here in 2 weeks or less. ill help you first cause august is a busy time for me with moving.

ill buy the pizza and beer when you help me out!:all_cohol

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm not sure what you did, but the bike looks good!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Forks are looking nice, sucks that you had to do them yourself though.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments. I forget this site isn't just 2-3k members anymore lol. I did the following:
Installed 2006 Front Forks
Installed Marchenisi Gold wheels (Thanks to Slyder for the deal)
Installed Harris performance Front CF fender.

It's not difficult even for one person. It took me about 7 hours of actual work if I subtract the distractions and cleanup but 9 hours total. I still have to adjust the suspension to my taste.

The other thing I am looking for now is a new damper mount for my Hyperpro. It costs $200 for the 05-06 version! The damper itself is $250 so the mount is almost half. I might try and just sell this one and get a GPR. My RC has a Scott's but I have seen the trouble people have gone through trying to get a used 06 mount.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
damn nice bike... the wheels set it off, nice work!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
those rims are sweet! good job man

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sweet mad docs! what kind of engine case is that?
It's stock with a Billet tech crash guard.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm still working on it. The only thing I am immediately concerned about is the steering damper and getting it back on quick. This thing feels so light now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts