Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought the 05 rr a few weeks ago. I brought it in for a safety so I can get it on the road(legally) The trip permit was running out. Anyways, I knew it needed a fork seal when I bought it. The guys at the dealership said all it need was a seal and an ID light. I told them to go ahead and put the seal in. They called me yesterday and said that they couldn't get the fork apart because the thing was bent. He told me I needed a new one that was almost $600. I called all over Ontario to the wreckers and couldn't find anything. EBAY has a few but it's EBAY and sometimes that's a crap shoot. I can't post in the WANTED section because I am too new on this site. So I told them to go ahead and put a new one on. Crappy. My question is, it doesn't look like there had been an impact to this bike , what can cause a bent fork? Wheelies? End O's?
Sorry about the long rant, I am just pissed that I have to dump a bunch of money into this right after they said it only needed a seal.

D

·
0 Posts
Usually a crash or improper installation will cause a bent fork. .02mm out of round is all it takes for the forks to be considered useless.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would either have them replace the forks for free or return the bike simple.
Return it to the previous owner? I bought it as is from a private seller.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Return it to the previous owner? I bought it as is from a private seller.
I know this will not help you now, but maybe in the future. As a final condition of sale you should have them give it a safety inspection. If anything comes up needing fixed then you negotiate the price, accept the vehicle anyway, or simply walk away from the deal. Obviously you can't do this if buying out of state, but this is the way to go for a local buy.

Also, you can still search the classified forum for part outs or parts for sale and pm the member for a purchase.

Hope you enjoy your new bike and no more problems arise for you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It's a little late now, but here's another tip. Fork seals generally leak for a reason. Crashes, wheelies, stoppies, etc.

Get it back from the shop and hunt around for a set of forks. The 05 and 06 were the same, I'm pretty sure.

D

·
0 Posts
It's a little late now, but here's another tip. Fork seals generally leak for a reason. Crashes, wheelies, stoppies, etc.

Get it back from the shop and hunt around for a set of forks. The 05 and 06 were the same, I'm pretty sure.
Or just strapping the front down too far in a truck. :banghead:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,
I am really happy with the bike. Just a crappy deal with the forks. oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts