Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn mini van in front of me got cut off and slammed its brakes in front of me. Caused me to hit both my brakes, went over the front of bike, headfirst into the road while the bike slid over me and into the back of the minivan. I'm alright,thank god for my helmet and Powertrip jacket and Joe Rocket gloves ;) Bad thing is my bike has a little over 300 miles on it and now I have to wait ti get it fixed. Front console is totally broken off and both sides are scratched up, engine cover on left side is scratched also. I'm sure it'll be awhile before they can get all the fairings to replace it all. My question is this, when I get it back, will it ride the same ?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Your insurance should return the bike as good as new. Make sure that the work is done right and if the shop that is doign the work finds anythign wrong with the frame or anything important make sure that they report it to your insurance and fix or replace it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Damn dude, sorry to hear about your misforture. Grad you came out well. As for the bike...if they fix it right it should run right. :wink:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Damnit dude, glad to hear that you're ok.

As for whether the bike will ride the same - to any other person, yes, but YOU may still be affected by the accident and think that there's a few problems etc. This paranoia is natural, but the sooner you get back onto the road, the better.

·
Registered
255 Posts
sorry to hear about that man, glad you are ok

·
Registered
338 Posts
Damn man so young she was. Glad to hear your OK...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thumbs up on wearing your gear.

Paranoia will set in, every bottle cap you ride over will sound like the engine or tranny is ratteling, you wont be able to sleep thinking about it, at stop lights you will look down at your chain to see if it's hanging, and under your bike to see if there are oil leaks...

All in all, she will be perfect, but you wont. So, chill, and enjoy the fact that you live to ride another day...

Hey, that sounds like it would make a good movie: "Live to Ride another Day" :bounce:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I bet you just wanted to cry. Glad to here you had your gear on. Does insurance cover damaged gear like helmets and stuff?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
In most states where there is a helmet law the helmet is covered (it's considered equipment, same as headlights and turn signals). If you have a good ins. co. they will cover it. If they don't tell them you wont wear gear next time and they will have to pay the hospity 100K for ya!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike, but glad you're OK and in one piece. Were police involved?

I know you're a new rider and you just got done with the basic rider course recently, but new or not, now's the time to assess what went wrong. Obviously some things are beyond our control when we ride, but we need to be mindful of what IS in our control. Is there anything you could have done that could have prevented this altogether? Really try and analyze it.

For example: I just had a lowside about 2 weeks ago, hitting a gravel patch while pulling into a rest stop in the local twisties. It would be really easy to blame it all on that gravel patch. But after I was done cursing, I thought about what *I* could have done to prevent it. Well, duh, I should have seen that gravel patch! I wasn't scanning road conditions enough. If I had seen the patch, I would have known to either (1) swerve away from it, or (2) get off the front brakes (I was decelerating to enter the parking lot) and just coast right through the patch. (It was being on the front brakes while riding thru the patch that caused me to lose the front end.)

The key to staying alive on the streets is learning from what went wrong.

Hope your bike gets all sorted out soon. Be safe.

C

·
0 Posts
Glad that your ok. Your Bike should be fine. Have a Mechanic check it out to see if anythings bent like your forks, clipons, or rear sub frame. I have some x-tra parts. Brake lever, Lower right faring, and stock rearsets....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I have been analyzing in my mind what I should have done as compared to what I did do. I *should have been paying more attention, I definitely should have given myself more distance between me and the van in front of me. I didn't have enough time to react. =( I will be posting pics of the bike and helmet once I get them uploaded to my website. Dealer just picked up bike,hopefully I will see her again in a few weeks brand new.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts