Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But how in the f#%k do i get the gas cap off and take the key out? I am trying to send some stuff to tripage, and am having a hard time getting this out. Please help a brotha out!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Like for filling up with gas? For my '03 you have to lift up a little metal cover, put in the key and turn it to get the gas cap to open up... but the key won't come out at this point... it stays locked in the cap until you close the cap after gassing up and the key will turn back on its own... then you can pull it out of the cap.

Was this what you were lookin' fer?

·
Registered
158 Posts
See those two metal tabs on the underside? The ones that lock against the tank to prevent it from opening, and are ramped on the underside?
Just take a look at it, you'll see what I'm talking about. Grab a pair of large pliers or channellocks and pinch them together as if the cap were closing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Disco said:
You want to powdercoat your gas cap?
Yes, but I don't want to send my key out. Tripage said to squeeze the rubber ring underneath and it should pop out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sound right? Anybody?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Did you do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just squeeze the rubber ring on the bottom and the key will turn back and you can pull it out.. If your looking at the ring, just push it towards the key...

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Thats what you got to do. It's trick sometimes but thats how you do it. I've had mine off a few times and took the key out.

slapnutz said:
Yes, but I don't want to send my key out. Tripage said to squeeze the rubber ring underneath and it should pop out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys for the help. It came out just by pushing up on that seal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts