Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me for 600's, not to use full synthetic because it accels the parts quicker, causing them to wear faster? Now I dont know if this is true, so Ima ask you guys :D

He also said use half syn. with minerals? Let me know whats the best oil/filter I can put in my bike to run longer and stay cool. Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hmmmmmm........Honda engineer probly spent hrs thinking which filter and oil to use so the bike lasts for years.....So if you want to keep it for a long time while running like new use the OEM......but if you want more preformance then use something else. And no full synthetic doesn't cause any damage........I am sure many here will chime in soon.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
BS....................................
many bikes and cars come w/ full synthetic oil from the factory now, including my KTM.
my RR has been running it since about 500 miles, but i changed the oil at 100 and used the cheap stuff for break in.

K

·
0 Posts
Someone told me for 600's, not to use full synthetic because it accels the parts quicker, causing them to wear faster? Now I dont know if this is true, so Ima ask you guys :D

He also said use half syn. with minerals? Let me know whats the best oil/filter I can put in my bike to run longer and stay cool. Thanks guys!!!
Horsecrap.

good filter? Amsoil EaOM 103 or Pureolator PureONE PL14612

·
Registered
857 Posts
i thought you should not start running synthetic oil till after about 3000 miles but dont know where i heard that or if it is true.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think your fine using full syn but i have seen a couple threads discourging royal purple I dont know why I have always used it in my vehicles but not for the bike

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have 6000 miles on the Graffiti and I have been using Repsol 4T full syn since the break-in service and it runs great. I'm no oil engineer, and it sounds like your source is not, so read the threads on oil here and enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ive run motul 300v on all my bikes and no problems yet, ive got 12,000 on my 07 and runs great

K

·
0 Posts
the reason people discourage full synthetic early on is due to the rapid change out. they feel it doesn't make economical sense so they make up rediculous reasons to discourage it.

just like the auto mechanics in the early 80's. they all said stay away from synthetics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
all i can say is my mercedes c32 came with mobil 1 synthetic from factory and i use it on my gmc syclone and they run great. as far as the bike when i get the first service done i will also put synthetic. to date i havent had a problem with the car or truck. so i dont see why i would have a problem with the bike. but thats jusy my .02.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I broke my bike in with the stock oil and then switched to Amsoil Full Synthetic. I haven't noticed anything bad so far!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
No harm with synthetic oils. My bike has been on full syn after the 600mile service and still runs like brand new.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Like others, I'm gonna call BS.

I think a lot of people who are against synthetics don't like to use them because of clutch slippage, which really only happens if you buy one that's energy conserving or that has other such additives. I'd much rather have a synthetics in the transmission for the engine's sake than regular oil in the engine for the transmission's sake.

Also, I'd advise against using semi-synthetics. As the Amsoil rep once said, there aren't any regulations in the oil industry on how much synthetic has to go in the oil for it to be semi-synthetic. As bad a business practice as this is, a manufacturer could technically put just one drop in a quart of regular oil and call it semi-synth.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
As long as the synthetic oil you are using has no friction modifiers...then it's cool.

I have used Shell Rotella T Full Synthetic 5w-40 for the last 2 years I have had my 06 600rr....it's got almost 80k on it with no problems at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts