Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have left the sportbike world. I never posted much on this site but it has been such an informative place for me. This really is one of the few sites i'd check often. I've gone a completely different way and traded my 08' CBR600rr for an 09' Harley Davidson Sporster Iron 883. This is like saying goodbye to a loved one. I really loved that bike but I knew I would end up really hurting myself again on that bike and I was never able to go long distances. The Cruiser is different but it already has my heart. I hope everyone rides safe and rides smart. This is a great site with great mods. Stay classy 600rr.net...stay classy:wave:

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Good luck on the darkside...

haha jk, as long as your still riding that's all that matters

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Well shat! Still stop in and say hi and all that gewd stuff!! Enjoy the hog man. Don't expect to get a fruckin wave from me though :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
you traded your RR for a Hardley?!?! FML!:all_cohol

j/k...Have a good time on it:wave:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
congrats on your personal decision, you've now went from one of the least maintenance required brands & switched to one brands that requires the most...

Have fun w/ that

·
Registered
133 Posts
congrats on your personal decision, you've now went from one of the least maintenance required brands & switched to one brands that requires the most...

Have fun w/ that
naw.... not much maintenance difference in rr and modern hds.

i've got a hd too. iron's are bad azz bikes. see you on the hd side...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
:wave:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha man, Ya'll been drinking some "hater-ade". It's actually a GREAT bike and the maintenance is not nearly what it used to be for a "hardley". One day I'll have deep enough pockets to own multiple bikes but for right now, this will do. The only picture I've taken is why my phone so I apologize for the quality. Don't judge.

My God is it slow but oh well. She makes up for it in looks and sound.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
One day I'll have deep enough pockets to own multiple bikes but for right now, this will do.
Same thing happened to me. I got rid of my old CBR and got a cruiser. It took about 2 years before I felt the need for a rocket again and now I have both. The bright side is you'll be way more comfy on longer rides.

Congrats on the bike, it looks nice.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It is the dark side, but of all the harley's you could be on, a sportster is a good choice. I wouldn't mind having a 1200 nightster one bit.

but please remember, just because its not a sport bike doesn't mean its not dangerous. don't pick up bad habits from cruiser squids who think "gearing up" means a leather vest and black sunglasses.

have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh believe me, I never ride without full gear anymore! I don't understand how these people don't wear full face helmets either! I had my visor up cruising around 35 on one of Charlottes 95 degree sticky days and a rock hit me right between the eyes. That shite hurt! Thanks again for not being too harsh.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Oh believe me, I never ride without full gear anymore! I don't understand how these people don't wear full face helmets either! I had my visor up cruising around 35 on one of Charlottes 95 degree sticky days and a rock hit me right between the eyes. That shite hurt! Thanks again for not being too harsh.
You got that right. I've been hit by bugs with my open face helmet and damn they hurt. Getting one in the lips is the worst. I'll wear the open faced helmet around town, but anything over a 20 minute ride and its the full face.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, I may go back to the Harley, but I gotta say it will not be without the CBR. I still can't believe I wasted 5 years on a Harley. Someday, both will be ideal.

The sportster is still a little zippy. I remember when I had the softail and the sportster for about a year. I always felt like I could get around faster on the sportster. It's still fun, but like I said, I'm not going back without my CBR!

Have fun bro and good luck with that chrome... That was the worst part, especially living in California near the ocean. Looks like you don't any other than the pipe so that's good.

You'll be back here... lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts