Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I am riding 2 up in the mountains on I-70 yesterday on our way back to Denver from having lunch in Idaho Springs. Its a busy 3 lane highway with speeds in the 70-80 mph range. I am in the left lane in a turn, and this jackass in a tahoe starts riding my ass. I motion for him to back off, and he starts getting closer. At this point he is about 2 feet behind me! He thinks this sh*t is funny, and I am getting pissed. I don't have any room to speed up, and I can't get over. If I would have hit my brakes for any reason, he would have killed us both. Finally I get over and Im pissed off, and I flip him off, and he and his passengers think its funny! I got up next to him and was going to punch his mirror off, but then I realized that its not worth crashing just for that. Im going to start carrying marbles in my pocket for assholes like this!

·
Registered
110 Posts
i know it is frustrating, but you have to ignore them. i had a friend here in kc that knocked someones mirror off for sh*t like that, and then the truck pushed him off the road. think about it, your on a bike, no protection, they are in a 3 ton metal cage. and what are marbles going to do IF you manage to get them out of your pocket with gloves on at that speed? nothing other than piss the driver off

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i hate when people ride my ass on the interstate. especially when there is a car in front of me. im thinkin wtf, cant they see i cant go anywhere? people are assholes and they dont realize u dont tailgate bikes. its the same people that cut off big rigs and run red lights and blow through stop signs. it will catch up with them eventually, i just pray im not involved in it when it happens.

K

·
0 Posts
Things might be different in CO, but in Wisconsin i just slow WAAAAAY down. That way the traffic to my right will pass me and eventually there'll be a gap. if he doesn't take that gap, i do and get as far away from that ass hole as i can. If i'm lucky to remember his plates, i consider calling the authorities on reckless driving charges.

When i was through Denver back in July on I70 i didn't think it was too bad. maybe just one ass hole?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
ya i slow down too, but only in the car. im protected if someone doesnt stop in time. they get so pissed. especially when u pace a vehicle next to you totally blocking in the assholes behind you.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Things might be different in CO, but in Wisconsin i just slow WAAAAAY down. That way the traffic to my right will pass me and eventually there'll be a gap. if he doesn't take that gap, i do and get as far away from that ass hole as i can. If i'm lucky to remember his plates, i consider calling the authorities on reckless driving charges.

When i was through Denver back in July on I70 i didn't think it was too bad. maybe just one ass hole?
I did slow down, but he didn't.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I do what Knightslugger said. I slow down. But if I'm on a bike, I just do it really, really slowly. Before they know it, we're doing 45 in the left lane.

Oh yeah, the spare change flip also works as well. Bounce a couple nickels off his windshield. But then make sure you take off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i have always wanted to throw stuff but all they have to do is get your plate number and call the cops. you cant prove he was riding your ass, but he can prove you through something. i normally give the back the hell up signal, if it doesnt work i speed up (depending on traphic). the best advise i can give is to stay off major highways.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
That Is EXACTLY why I carry a gun when I ride!!!!! I just let them get along side of me and let them see I am carrying. If ANY shizt happens from there.. Well I need to say what will happen. I DO REALIZE that a firearm Is NOT the answer, But In some cases you have to do what you have to do. If it comes to your life or theres It will be theres..
Glad you are ok and came here to vent rather than us read about you In the paper.. Good Job Man :rocker:
Stephen

OK so I am riding 2 up in the mountains on I-70 yesterday on our way back to Denver from having lunch in Idaho Springs. Its a busy 3 lane highway with speeds in the 70-80 mph range. I am in the left lane in a turn, and this jackass in a tahoe starts riding my ass. I motion for him to back off, and he starts getting closer. At this point he is about 2 feet behind me! He thinks this sh*t is funny, and I am getting pissed. I don't have any room to speed up, and I can't get over. If I would have hit my brakes for any reason, he would have killed us both. Finally I get over and Im pissed off, and I flip him off, and he and his passengers think its funny! I got up next to him and was going to punch his mirror off, but then I realized that its not worth crashing just for that. Im going to start carrying marbles in my pocket for assholes like this!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
+1 on that. This guy obviously didn't care about me or my passenger's life.

That Is EXACTLY why I carry a gun when I ride!!!!! I just let them get along side of me and let them see I am carrying. If ANY shizt happens from there.. Well I need to say what will happen. I DO REALIZE that a firearm Is NOT the answer, But In some cases you have to do what you have to do. If it comes to your life or theres It will be theres..
Glad you are ok and came here to vent rather than us read about you In the paper.. Good Job Man :rocker:
Stephen

K

·
0 Posts
Stephen
You're a lefty?

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
if i'm behind some one in the left and they are at a crawl holding up traffic, i'll get in front of them and slow down to make'm get out of the lane. then when they do, i speed back up.
it's risky on a bike, but when i'm in the cage, i don't hesitate to do it.

when your on the bike you really shouldn't do any of that $hit! you never know. when i've got a douch bag on my a$$ that won't quit, i'll split lane's or change lane's. i'll do almost anything with in reason to get away from them. i try really hard fight the urge to maim the stupid people and there vehicale's. you just have to use your ability and skill to get away from the situation. it's not worth it!

i understand though, some day's you want to come to a stop, and give some a$$ clown a taste of C.F. knuckles! T.K.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
I can shoot with both right and left not real good with the left, good enough to hit a target, When I ride I either keep It on the left or In my back holster, I do make It seen when I ride, So in case of a pull over by a cop, He QUICKLY see's it so there are NO issues.
But I will say again.. GUN's are NOT the answer. It for me Is just after the last accident of Road Rage and I was ran off the road, I want to be able to defend myself somewhat.
Stephen

You're a lefty?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Stephen
Are you really advocating shooting someone from a moving motorcycle?

Do you seriously think you could possibly hit something in a life or death situation, let alone draw your weapon?

As for the original poster, if you can't get over a lane, just slow down. You won't have to brake suddenly and worry about being struck from behind. Then you can change lanes to the right.

Or, if you felt very unsafe being in front, pherhaps splitting lanes ahead to get away from the truck could be an option. I realize that is illegal in your state. However, you have already said you were in the 70-80 mph range, so bending the law to stay alive doesn't sound all that bad.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts