Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to maybe not take a break from riding next year and getting a Ducati 749S. What do you guys think I hear the up keep could be a pain but they are so cool and I love watching them go around the track. What kind of riding characteristics do they have compared to the RR?
Anything else I should know? I'm just looking for a fun track day bike that will beable to run pretty quick. Not going to WERA or CCS where I know the more nimble I4's would dominate me.

Because every thread should have a picture :)
-Nathan

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Mongoose said:
Yeah who am I kidding...I live for trackdays. I guess they are 116hp so it should be about as quick as my 600RR. Atleast I hope it is :)
I am sure the 749s will still be great on the track. I am looking at a 2000 996S right now, but even though it's a bigger displacement, the 600rrs will smoke me...well at least that's what i've heard

·
Registered
145 Posts
My advice is unless you have deep pockets for maintenance, think twice. At the local ducati dealership near me, there are lots of ducs in for repairs. I asked the owner about that and he stated that they are very good for business.

I thought about it before I got my aprillia two years ago and got the aprilia because of the repairs. Also, the price for that bike new is usually around 15K. It is a great looking bike and sounds great but the italian bikes are very tempermental. Good luck with your decision. I went back to the 600rr after the aprilia because I don't want to constantly fix things. Last thing, the service for the ducs can run about $300-$600 for the minimal service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts