Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a Speedohealer from MRI last Monday to go with my 520 conversion coming in the mail later this week and it was supposed to be delivered to my apt. today. Well when I got home from class this afternoon at about 3pm I check the tracking info and it has supposedly been delivered and was signed off by some dude by the name of Rosinsky...WTF. Well after a little while on the phone with UPS I find out the while I was in class the driver attempted to deliver the package and upon finding out that I wasn't home, he decided to leave it at one of the neigboring apts... :evil: So I go over to the apt and some fat guy answers the door and insists he never got a package for me and that no one lives there by the name of Rosinsky. So after a few hours of playing phone tag with UPS they tell me that they did in fact deliver it to that apt. and that one of the guys says a woman came by shortly after to pick up HER package. :banghead:

So right now I have no freaking idea where this god damned package is and its really pissing me off. Supposedly the driver is going to come back tomorrow to get a description of the woman who picked up the package from the middle eastern dude he left it with. WTF is wrong with UPS. :RPG:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Screw that, it's the drivers fault! I have never ever heard of UPS or any other package delivery company leaving something at a different address on purpose without your approval.

N

·
0 Posts
It just doesn't seem right that anyone can sign for the package. And for the driver to have a neighbor sign for the item is ridiculous.

I'd fight for this and have your money refunded by UPS. You know you can.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ceph said:
i've had them leave stuff at someones house before, that said they new me. Luckily they did, and called me to tell me my stuff was there, clear on the other side of town. I was so p*ssed, but they never did anything about it. It's a bunch of BS if you ask me.
No kidding how the hell are you going to leave my package at some random dudes house and just hope he does the right thing. They didn't even leave a F*UCKING note on the door!!!

And on top of all this I'm still hungover from Saturday night. :sick:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nemesis said:
It just doesn't seem right that anyone can sign for the package. And for the driver to have a neighbor sign for the item is ridiculous.

I'd fight for this and have your money refunded by UPS. You know you can.
Believe me I will. It just sucks thats its going to take lots of time. I was hoping to have my parts by today or tomorrow and have them installed before Thursday.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sucks man, I had my double bubble Puig sent to my office last week and I get an email saying my package had been delivered and signed for by a guy named Lee! I call UPS and bitch them out and they made the driver go back and figure out where he delivered it and then brought it to me apologizing.

Mistakes happen, but not with motorcycle parts dammnit!

Hope everything works out for ya.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
I had UPS delivered a Mac G5 to my door.
But it was for my neighbor. Driver wanted me to sign for the package.
So i can delivered it to them.

I almost owned a MAC :mrgreen: .

I think my neighbor was pissed cause he was trying not to take delivered.

oooops..........

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
the kicker of my deal was, she says they guy pulled up to the house in a silver Eclipse. Not a Fed Ex or UPS truck, an Eclipse. It didn't even have magnetic stick on signs. for all i know, they could have dropped it off at his house, and he came looking for me. And nothing ever came of it, nothing.

Now i'm p*ssed off again, it's BS, and they just do it anyway. and get away with it.

((BTW, i'm talking about $1800 worth of PC equiptment, i was paid to build, not even my money))

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, but the thing that really gets me is that some chick picked it up... how the hell would she have known there was a package there in the first place?!?!?

Something is really fishy...

·
Registered
700 Posts
chrisNH said:
Screw that, it's the drivers fault! I have never ever heard of UPS or any other package delivery company leaving something at a different address on purpose without your approval.
When I was a Manager for Blockbuster, there was a Radio Shack next door, and usually the UPS guy would come after they closed and left TV's, XBOX's and all kinds of **** with me. Talk about tempting.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Not proud of this..but when I was young and poor I bought some expensive shoes over the internet. The UPS guy left the box outside my door. I took them in....then waited a week and phoned saying I had never recieved them. I then said I had already bought another pair after waiting so long....and they should just refund my money....they did.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Yeah, the FedEx guy left something at our house for our neighbor who lives THREE houses down. I was like WTF when he asked me if he could leave the package with me.

Isn't that a federal offense in some convoluted way? Delivering it to someone for whom the package is not?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Schwing said:
Yeah, the FedEx guy left something at our house for our neighbor who lives THREE houses down. I was like WTF when he asked me if he could leave the package with me.

Isn't that a federal offense in some convoluted way? Delivering it to someone for whom the package is not?
It should be, I know kids in my boring town have been slapped by federal fines for breaking mailboxes, I can't see how this wouldn't be. I guess it's a lot more common than I thought. Whenever I'm not home we get a note on the door with a number and what time they'll be back tomorrow, from every company I've dealt with.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I use UPS religiously. I've dealt with everything they can toss out at ya and the only REAL way to get your **** is to actualy know the driver. *or thats how I"ve come to do it*. if I"m not home she brings it to my work or calls me n' asks if she can put it inside etc. without knowing the delivery people ups and all the other delivery companies *except usps* will jack ya. usps is great cuz if yer not home they'll leave a ticket on your door to come get it from your local post office.

I just lost a coulpe expensive SATA hdd's a few weeks ago cuz we got a new driver =(

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I know it's a PITA but honestly it's not your problem. I'm not dogging on MRI or anything and it's really not their fault either but they are the ones that have to deal with it. If UPS can't find it MRI will need to file a claim with UPS and will receive the value plus shipping fee from UPS credited to them. UPS is really a good company and will fix stuff like this immediately(unlike Fedex who's ground shipping sucks ass)

Sorry about that hassle though, I know how that can suck. As Liquid said, the best way is to try to talk to your UPS's guy if you can. Most of them are pretty cool about even taking your personal number and calling you or coming at a convient time for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I work for ups
leaving packages with neighbors is common practice
As far as the eclipse delivering it, Ups Supervisors will often deliver a few packages that got left in the morning, in their own personal cars on the way home from work.
The driver can have anybody sign for the package, once it is signed for it no longer concerns the driver.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts