Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything was going fine!!!! I picked up the brand new left over '03 from the dealer. On the way back, after about 15 min of riding, the bike just died!!! first the instrument cluster went dead and then the bike. Good think i had a buddy bollow me in a car to stop the traffic. pushed the bike to a gas station and tried starting. No luck, it just wouldnt turn over. Called the dealer, they told me to call the HONDA riders club. HOnda riders club told me that they dont have me in the system yet therefore they can not provide me with a free towing. I called the dealer back and they said that they would pick me up in 10 minutes. The owner of the Store came with a mechanic and they said that it sounded like the battery. They took the bike back to the shop. The owner said that he would make it up to me somehow... I told him that it would be nice if they could deliver the bike for me after they fix it. I just hope it wasnt anything big.

To end on a good note, i just got home and the UPS left me a package!!!! A brand new S-MX airflo jacket from MRI. Very cool jacket, cant wait to try it out on the bike, hopefully it will be tomorrow!!!!

Luke

·
Registered
937 Posts
sounds like battery problem. Dont sweat it. Have the dealer give you some goodies and then go out and enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
All's well that ends well.

2 guys are never supposed to ride on a bike together, at least not in this country but when I went to pickup my RC51 a few years ago I didn't have another option at that moment so my brother in law rode bitch on my Buell S3T over to the dealership. We looked like fools.

I picked it up, talked to the small crowd who had gathered to checkout the RC51 (they were hard to find then), pulled out of the dealership and got about 1/8th mile down the road before being enveloped in smoke. Pouring out from the engine compartment and "uh-oh - no brakes!!" WTF?!?! The rear brake brought me to a stop before running right through the light. Whipped it around and went back, the crowd hadn't even dispersed yet.

Turned out the was a hole in the cam cover, big enough to slide a quarter inside. From that hole oil was pissing out all over the front header, wheel, brakes, everywhere! What a mess. They had to get me a new bike in the crate shipped up from Ft Lauderdale and I couldn't get it for 2 more days. I was bent.

Got $500 off (which was unheard of on a RC51 back then) and my new bike 2 days later, never had another problem.

All's well that ends well.

C

·
0 Posts
Bummer Luke, Hope it works out. Sounds like the stealer is fixing the problem! -Luke-

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds like no big deal. It is just annoying that you are ready to ride and any little problem is just a pain in the ass.

Nice jacket. I like that one a lot, just dont have the cash for it right now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got off the phone with the service manager... they are still running some tests, and charging a new battery to put on the bike. He also said that the old battery was showing 0% charge but did not indicate any bad clusters. This worries me a little since it might indicate that its not the battery... I dont know what to think. Just a bad day

L

·
0 Posts
there's too many damn luke's around here :lol2:

that sucks bro. i would give them 48 hours and then tell them they can keep it and i want a new one or a lawyer will be involved.

Luke

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off the phone with the service manager. Its the alternator. They are installing a new one and it should be ready in the morning. THey put a new battery in it too. What should i tell them that i expect them to do for my inconvenience??? Is having them deliver the bike to my house enough???

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I would ask for an arai...for your troubles...replica if your really mad :mrgreen:

Congrats on getting the new bike....sorry about your troubles...I bet you had big plans for tonight.

Dont sweat the small things in life....

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah... Honestly i dont think it was their fault that the alternator was defaulted. However after checking the predelivery inspection chard from the dealer it shows clearly that the battery charging system was checked off, indicating that it is working properly. I am a little mad that they didnt catch that when they did the inspection. It was probably never properly tested in the first place!!!!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I would ask for an arai...for your troubles...replica if your really mad
I`m with Jason on this one. They should have caught that on the PDI. Tell them that a kick a** helmet in your size will square things up. And make sure you get a printout of the work that was needed for future reference.

·
Registered
549 Posts
definitely get everything documented from the dealer...in the event the problem isn't fixed and you are forced to deal with it through Honda. Sounds like the dealer is pretty understanding though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
its just the battery trust me until your first service keep your revs up past 2500
when your at the light or where ever. The bike has been sitting a whole year without charging so the battery is drained. After your first break in service you will have no problem trust me . Mine died on me the second day i got it . the fan that cools the bike kills the battery as well. once all your seal and engine have settle in everything will be good. alll they will do is charge it . luckly you get freebies :bitchslap: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SO finally got my bike delivered today. It runns great!!! ON top of the delivery im getting my first 600mile tune-up/check-up for free!! I think its a fair deal.

thanks for the help guys

N

·
0 Posts
Since the bike was new, did you have the rpm's over 5k?

It may have been the charger. You need to keep the rpms over 5k in order for the charger to kick in.

N

·
0 Posts
You gotta keep it over 5k rpm for the charger to kick in. I had the same problem, and Honda tech rep told me that's common with our bikes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts