Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i worked a 12 hour shift today. had a break around 9 and saw that my bike had a hose sticking about 6 inches out the side. a closer look revealed that someone had snipped a piece of the pipe off my radiator, still attached to the hose. i didn't even want to risk starting it up, so i pushed it inside my work place in hopes of finding out what to do tomorrow.

anybody have any ideas where i should start with this? how much are radiators? how should i get it home?

any help is appreciated, this sucks. i didn't even get a piece of candy on halloween because of this BS!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow..tha sux dude!...I would maybe look into getting it repaired by a reputable shop..might be cheaper....I don't know how extensive it is...maybe a couple of pics would help..but I would also want to set up the motherf****rs who did it by maybe leaving it out agian and watching it..sounds like kids or maybe someone is really childishly mad at you?...either way....if ya find em and i hope ya do...beat the crap out of em!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wait...so someone cut the hose leading into the radiator? If so and you want to be safe, I would just replace the hose and drain and replace the fluid. Some people need their knee caps bashed in.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
wow...unreal, the type of people out there! sucks to hear that about the bike mang.

so they cut off the metal piping on the radiator? or the rubber tube hoses?

if its the rubber hoses...those are replaceable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, it's the actual metal piping from the radiator. i will get pics tomorrow when i pick it up. the metal piece is still clamped onto the hose, and the hose was sticking so far out of the bike like it was done to boast it was on purpose. yeah i'm definitely gonna beat some ass for this one if i find out who did it. i hope they have cameras in this parking lot.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Damn...that sucks. You can try and get it rewelded...might be cheaper if you know a welder. I remember when I had some small stuff break on my moped, I brought it to a local muffler shop and asked how much it was cost to reweld it. They said they would do it for free because it would be a 5 minute job. Good guys I tell you!

·
Registered
145 Posts
take the radiator to a shop, any machine shop or radiator repair place should be able to weld it back together.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Survival of the fittest usually takes care of dumb reckless crapheads like that, not to worry. His dumb ways will catch up with him, believe that. You can get a radiator and fan assembly both for around $100 off Ebay.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
ya man, rads on ebay is the place. find one for cheap, like 0.01$ hahaha, after the biddings over, you might pay 100$ + shipping

K

·
0 Posts
James06CBR said:
Survival of the fittest usually takes care of dumb reckless crapheads like that, not to worry. His dumb ways will catch up with him, believe that. You can get a radiator and fan assembly both for around $100 off Ebay.
I love Karma.

·
Registered
577 Posts
s0ci3tysfin3st said:
anybody have any ideas where i should start with this? how much are radiators? how should i get it home?

any help is appreciated, this sucks. i didn't even get a piece of candy on halloween because of this BS!!
Dude, that sucks. If it's just the hose, I might have an extra one. I gotta check the garage. If I do I'll pm u for your info and mail it to you for free99.

I'll even send you some left over candy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thats too bad guy...You cant have anything these days without some a$$hole either stealing it or messing it up. Thats an odd thing to do to a bike as far as vandalizing goes. Most vandals flattten your tire, cut your seat, knock your bike over etc. This seems like something sad to say possibly another biker would do its definitely personal and not just your random hater.:sad3:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had the metal part where the hose goes on break off in my car. Lucky for me I worked next to a rad shop and a specialty welding shop. I took the rad to the welding shop to weld it up cause it was aluminum. Then had the rad shop pressure test it. It might be cheaper for you to find a used one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
damn man that sucks. it sucks worse cuz i live close to spring hill haha. cant you have HRCA tow it to action honda or wherever you want, cuz i think the tow is part of the membership

1 - 20 of 31 Posts