Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here is the update. On my lunch break while in sitting at a light what did I see you might ask? Well I saw 2 black males riding on a scooter and the one on the back was wearing my stolen helmet. I crossed 4 lanes of traffic and caught up with them in seconds. I was on the bike. I pointed at them and they pulled over. You should have seen the terror in their faces. I told him he was wearing my helmet. To which he replied I bought this. I asked him if he bought it where from? He said from some guy in the hood.....Lmao yeah right. So instead of beating the crap out of these two guys, like I really wanted to do.. I was wearing full gear they would not have had a chance. I explained the the helmets were reported stolen to the police and they could give me my helmet back or I'd have to cops get it for me.... So to make a long story short I have my helmet back they still have 2 but i'm patient I'll see them again and if they are wearing them I'll be taking those too!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yikes! That sucks they were stolen but at least you got them back (some of them anyways). Now time for some MAJOR disinfectant!! :confused1

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
You have no proof that they stole them so getting it back was a big win. Taking it further would have been BS. Knowing that it's your helmet is one thing, but there's no proof that they stole them.

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
I don't know what's funnier, that they were busted or a couple of grown men were riding two up on a scooter lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would hope your helmet would have some defining marks on it so that you were sure it was yours. (Sounds like in the end you were right, as if they cowered when you mentioned the word COP).

But dude seriously, the color of their skin has absolutely nothing to do with the story.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
No the only reason I mentioned the color of there skin was to paint the picture so to speek. Plus my helmet is very distinct and by scratch on the visor i was for sure it was mine out the box.I'll post a pic of the helmet when I get home so you all can see it.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If they had honestly bought it why would any one willingly hand over their helmet?? That right there is proof enough that it was not theirs... An the fact that he stated their skin color is not racist or anything they two black men, what did you want him to call them green so it wouldn't affend anyone here???

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
No proof? A guy with a full-face lid, and I'm assuming a sporty-looking one, isn't exactly common on a scooter. I'd say that's grounds for suspicion. Glad you got your helmet back, but you couldn't really take it further. Gives me hope I'll get my bicycle back! (not much, but anyway)

·
Registered
125 Posts
The things some of you people have to say...always amazes me.

Dude, great job getting your helmet back, should have been like "give me all your helmets and go buy some yourself." Great job keeping your cool. It's one of those things, one of those moments, where even if you only get a couple punches in your still defending respect and yourself.

ENOUGH OF ALL THIS ACCUSATORY RACISM BULLSH! Call it profiling or something. Whites are well on their way to becoming the minority in the U.S...that's a thought.

If I saw some white trash dude walking around my bike i'd tell you some white trash dude was looking to steel my bike, just like I'd be worried if some black guys who "got the helmet from a guy in the hood" were to be walking around my bike, or actually wearing my helmet...I don't know about you guys, but I ride a lot and I know my helmet when I see it. I profile, your a dumba$$ if you don't to some extent.

Sorry JRock I hope ya don't consider this hijacking, just pisses me off when people call out racism.

my 2cents

1 - 20 of 34 Posts