Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my bike in my friend's garage when I stay at his house. It's a tiny apartment rent-a-garage and he has a 2003 350Z, so putting the bike and the car in the garage at the same time is tedious as it is.

We come home from the pub and I'm drunk, and I had just driven into the garage really fast when I got to his house so we could leave. My bike goes under the garage overhang (pic below for reference), so I had to move the bike under there. I pushed it forward and then did a half kickstand turn and then pushed it forward some more...

Stupid hurts. I was moving the bike and got it under the overhang but failed to notice that somewhere in this process my kickstand folded up. Crashboombang the bike falls over. I think I bent my clip on because my clutch lever is all screwy despite how many times I try to adjust it, the damn thing can't be pulled in all the way because it catches on the headlight switch.

Don't be stupid like me! Don't move your bike drunk.

G

·
Oh no! You fell for the ol' kickstandfolduponya trick. That's one of the oldest tricks in the book...

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Damn That Sucks I Dont Go Near My Bike Drunk For Reasons Like That

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
^^^ Hey if you're going to quote her quote the whole thing. She pulled into the garage really quick when she got there before the pub. Sheesh.

Anyhow, yeah stupid hurts. Drunk and 2 wheels don't mix.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
damn girl....
CALL ME next time you're drunk. :love3:

lol. NOTHING's easier when you're drunk.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Johnny Candles said:
^^^ Hey if you're going to quote her quote the whole thing. She pulled into the garage really quick when she got there before the pub. Sheesh.

Anyhow, yeah stupid hurts. Drunk and 2 wheels don't mix.
At least SOMEONE was reading correctly! I pulled in the garage sober. Went to pub. Got drunk. Friend drove there and home. I don't condone driving drunk whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Schwing said:
At least SOMEONE was reading correctly! I pulled in the garage sober. Went to pub. Got drunk. Friend drove there and home. I don't condone driving drunk whatsoever.
I love you regardless! A hot chick with a 600RR is allowed to make mistakes like that, didn't you know? ;-)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Guess I read it wrong too. :)

It looks like the clutch lever may be bent. It would take more than a fall to bend the clip-on. Maybe unless you got really lucky and it hit just very exactly right. Or wrong depending on how you look at it. At least it didnt fall into the 350...

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
Johnny Candles said:
the whole thing. She pulled into really quick. Sheesh.
Ha, I quote whatever I want! ;)

Besides I wasn't the only one. I tend to like stories that flow in sequence. Perhaps:

I drove into the garage really fast when I got to his house so we could leave. We come home from the pub and I'm drunk. My bike goes under the garage overhang...

Either way I don't care how it's worded but I'd like to point out you leg humpers are really wound tight.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
that blows. i once did a donut drunk on the bike once in my parking lot and almost lost it. I knew I was too drunk to ride it though...well...really i wont ride at all after any alcohol. that one time was retarded.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
beer and bikes don't mix...it sucks when you screw up

·
Registered
553 Posts
playero_loko said:
ive drving with some drinks on me(water, juice) lol but never the bike, to scare to even mount her... so i get on the car, (i hate my car) but not enough to get on the bike with some drinks in me...
:dontknow:???

Are you drunk now???

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
oh no...now Schwing.
Lot's of crash boom bang posts recently, even these small ones.
I didn't want to post my dropped on both sides.
(....fights the urge to hijack!.....)
I got a used left/clutch lever on my 05 if it'll fit, if you need it.
I don't think it's bent but it does have a scuff on the ball from a 0mph drop a few weeks ago, but it's working fine. Oh, and some bird poop stain on the end of the lever, too lazy to whip out the honda polish and the bike is due for a wash/oil change.
I bought a new one when I ordered a new footpeg and brake lever from having mine drop on both sides.
(hijacked it anyway, lol)

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well my bike has fallen over three times now on the left since I've had it, so I think this last one bent the clip on. I didn't tell you about the asshat bitch that pulled out in front of me in a parking lot. :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
at least you came out better then I did while drunk. Not a good idea to pull a 12 o clock wheelie on the freeway... going 140mph... with no helmet... and a 5th of jack daniels...dancing to rave music.

lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.