Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting down with my boss last week for lunch just having a light discussion, nothing work related. He began to tell me that one of our customers close relative had died and thought it would be a good idea for us to go to the wake and funeral. I said that would be a great idea and we both parted ways. Well my story begins here, today.

My boss and I carpooled together to be "greener" as he likes to put it. I step out of the car and shake my head as I try to get my game face on. I don't know these people but I have to sound sincere about my condolences. I make my way around the maze of coffins and can't help but to wonder if there are bodies in them. I meet and greet all of the family members and friends that are there all while wondering "Did I leave the oven on?". During the wake I felt like I needed some fresh air. I go back to the room with all the coffins in them and I couldn't help but to take a peek luckily they were bodiless. I make my way to the large open area at the door and started pacing. A lady came up to me, she was professionally dressed and looked confused she asked me "did you need help with something?".I was completely alone and I just froze up and had completely forgot where I was the only words that I could muster was "No, I'm just looking". The lady looked at me with a blank stare and said "Okay well let me know if you need help."

I had just told this woman that I was just looking inside of a funeral home like I do it for fun. I was so embarrassed. After the brief conversation with this lady I couldn't help but to go into the next room and laugh it off, hopefully none of the wake goers seen me.

·
BOTM 07/09
1,693 Posts
Maybe she thought you were interested in pre-planning a funeral for a loved one. A funeral home in my area loves sending out those brochures at least 3 times a year. Either way it's a funny story. I'm going to hell anyway so I might as well laugh :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
LOL that's pretty funny.... I let out a laugh at work reading this.

I can say that I have been at a wake with my brother and we noticed how the Priest looked like Mr Vandriesen from Beavis & Butthead...and we were laughing uncontrollably for a good 15 minutes. Needless to say we heard all about it for years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Funny story. I'm sure she was confused and trying to make sense of it.

I have been to a few funerals with some laughter coming from the masses while looking back at the person's life. I guess it all depends on the situation.

·
Registered
411 Posts
hahaha thats awesome.
"Can I help you sir?"
"No ma'am, I am just browsing around. You can never be too prepared. You know what I mean?"
"Well, If you have any questions, I'll be in the office."
"That won't be necessary. This is just an informal visit."

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
"Can I help you sir?"
"Oh, I am sorry, I am just taking a look around.
"Well, let me know if you need any help"
"Ok, thank you. I hate my wife and was just checking around to see how economically feasible a funeral would cost me at this time"

·
Registered
130 Posts
When we were doing casket watch for a fallen Marine a couple of months ago me and my buddies were walking around the funeral home bored. It just so happened that we walked into the room where they dressed all the dead people.

This one guy was dressed in the most ridiculous suit i had ever seen. We all kind of laughed at that too. I dont think it's too bad to laugh in a funeral home. Or is it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts