1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
no single review will give you the full picture. youll need to read a couple at least, but in the end youll have to decide for yourself. the guys who mnaek these decisions are human and partial, just like us. they can be convinced throug a gift, a good meal or whatever means to give a good review. ive read conflicting reviews on my 2005 cbr 600rr done at the time.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Track results will always vary as well. A track with longer straights might benefit the higher power bikes like the BMW, Panigale, or Ninja. A tighter track would play to the strengths of the CBR or other bikes that focus on handling and drive off the corner.

The street reviews are probably more applicable to most people. Comfort, useable power, looks, character, etc. are things most people think about...oh and horsepower, lol.

Read a few and decide for yourself. In reality the bikes are so close, you would have to be riding on the edge to really get the differences in true performance.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Track results will always vary as well. A track with longer straights might benefit the higher power bikes like the BMW, Panigale, or Ninja. A tighter track would play to the strengths of the CBR or other bikes that focus on handling and drive off the corner.

The street reviews are probably more applicable to most people. Comfort, useable power, looks, character, etc. are things most people think about...oh and horsepower, lol.

Read a few and decide for yourself. In reality the bikes are so close, you would have to be riding on the edge to really get the differences in true performance.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

:+1: So very true. probably 90-95% of us will never truely meet the fullest potential of our bikes let alone the 1k's

·
OG
3,350 Posts
It's SuperBike and Fastbikes magazines for me. The writers are so detailed about themselves, after reading a few magazines you can easily pickup what points of view these guys are coming from. Unfortunately, the magazines from the US are so cookie-cutter and bland, it could be anyone writing from any point of view. When your bro tells you about an awesome Chevy when he's a Ford freak, it's saying something. When some Joe Dingleberry tells you about an awesome Chevy it gets less credibility. So I prefer a source that gets more personal, where you quickly understand the reviewers' personalities and nuances. It makes for a higher level of understanding the review. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts