Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

So you want a Supersport as your 1st bike?

145K views 471 replies 269 participants last post by  ShubniggurathsBastard 
#1 ·
Saw this on a local forum and figured it was worth sharing.

This is for the age old question that gets asked here often enough.

Link to image

See less See more
#6 ·
Bookmarked that ****, EXCELLENT response to the endless threads asking that exact question.. First bike was a ninja 650.

#7 ·
First bike Y2k Turbine superbike FTMFW

#8 ·
My 03 600rr is my first bike.

I do want to pay my respects to some of the valid arguments the author of this posts has.

Reactions: dixon cider
#13 ·
my first bike was a kawasaki spectre 550f. second bike 03' 600RR. third bike who knows......:cruising:

great read Sincalirider!!

#152 ·
:+1: sticky?

first bike 08 600RR. I was often told it was too much bike for me. So I got a Ducati 848. :toothy4:

#15 ·
nice work sinny, i love that line, "these bikes do not tolerate mistakes..." haha, nope, they sure don't.

*edit- very first bike, 93 suzuki DRZ 200. "the pig" :facepalm:

#19 ·
Nice post. Ninja 250 here for my first bike last year, and just as the article said..had my first crash after 2 months (Another car cutting infront of me).

I'm still breaking in my CBR (Have under 500 miles), and I completely understand the likelihood of a crash or lowside. I have it fully paid off, and full insurance coverage for that very reason. If it happens, it'll be quite a sad day..but it's reality. Pay the deductible (if my fault) and keep going.

#20 ·
First bike `11 600RR

I guess I'm doing it wrong

#21 ·
Also think about the power a modern 600 super sport makes. My first bike for myself was a nighthawk 750, it had much less power and weighed about 250 lbs more than my 600rr. It maybe did 135 mph tops. The power to weight ratio is ridiculous on newer bikes. Older sport bikes from the late 70's and 80's are nothing like they are today.

#22 ·
My first bike was '01 Ninja 500r... and since my 600rr is currently under construction this week, I am riding the 500r for the time being.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.