Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up there two weeks ago, some cops were patrolling the canyon and pulled us over. 2/3 of us got tickets, I got a fix-it-ticket for my license plate :(

6/19 Went back there today around 10am, this time cops were SWARMING the mountain. Got pulled over by the same cop, said he will cut us a deal and not ticket us for aftermarket etc. if we just head back home.

In other words... GMR is burnt :banghead:
I'd stay away from this place as the cops were telling my brother that they are here to stay. :fyou:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, it's about that time of year when they start patrolling the canyons more.. It sucks.. GMR is one of my favorites too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was up there today too at the same time on a white 1000rr, don't know if I saw you or not. Saw Officer Taylor in his CHP car cruising by us sitting down at the tree -same guy who gave me a unsafe speed ticket a couple months ago on East Fork. Also saw a Sheriff drive up the mountain, but didn't see him after that. No tickets today for people I ride with, but a rock shot a hole in my radiator near the bottom of the frontside.
Usually a hit or miss with law enforcement up there. They can only catch/write up so many of us.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aw, i didn't know that was a particular time of year when the patrol squad goes out more often haha.

I only recall seeing a Konica 07 CBR passing by, I have an 03' red CBR and was with a couple of GSXRs. Yeah my oldest brother got a ticket two weeks ago for crossing double yellow lines because he swerved to avoid a rock, and today he got another fix-it-tickets that add up to about +$75. That blows so much, he's really considering selling his bike now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts