Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Dude, thats far. You're not gonna wanna ride for weeks after you get back. If I was going, I'd ride with ya though. Screw it.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
madbrown75 said:
Dude, thats far. You're not gonna wanna ride for weeks after you get back.
for reals....i rode to vegas and back...and i havent got back on the bike
since then. been a week now. it sucks. do it if you like riding straight for several hours.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I rode up last year. Sure it was a lot of riding, and got very boring and stressful at times, but I'm glad I did it. Actually, we ended up riding all the way to Eureka, up by Oregon! We did 2000 miles in a week :)

I'm down to ride again this year.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
BananaRider said:
i did a bonzai run to vegas and back. then rode to work the next day
rode to work on the same day i got back and worked til 5am.

but if ya do it...then more power to you. all i know is i dont regret doin
it, cause now i know what it feels like riding for a few hundred miles. =)

riding to Eureka and back is some balls mang! props to you Disco

·
Registered
151 Posts
Where are you guys planing on meeting??? because me and 4 friends are going up but we have a trailer for the bikes... so we will be riding up some of the way but not the whole way... because we will be putting them up on the trailer...?? but would be nice to meet up with some of you guys atleast for a few hours...

·
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher
2,160 Posts
Disco said:
I rode up last year. Sure it was a lot of riding, and got very boring and stressful at times, but I'm glad I did it. Actually, we ended up riding all the way to Eureka, up by Oregon! We did 2000 miles in a week :)

I'm down to ride again this year.
no wonder you are so quick on the twistes.... ;) hahahahaha

hey paly this weekend. sunday same place same time. 8am shell station.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
no wonder you are so quick on the twistes.... ;) hahahahaha

hey paly this weekend. sunday same place same time. 8am shell station.
I might be able to make it. I'm planning on safety wiring my bike this weekend, so I might not have time to ride. I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
~BLACK ICE~ said:
well i should be up in that area for sure. i say we roll to see how we have improved ;) hahahahaha
Nah, I dont ride aggressively on the street anymore. I'd be taking it easy. If you want to see how I've improved, go to Buttonwillow with me on July 8th...I might also be racing with WERA on the 9th.

N

·
0 Posts
That's crazy mang. I love the sport and all but not so much that I'd ride 5 - 6 hours straight on a straight away.

Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Nemesis said:
That's crazy mang. I love the sport and all but not so much that I'd ride 5 - 6 hours straight on a straight away.

Ride safe.
I consider it a pilgrimage to the greatest sport in the world. We met so many cool guys that rode from all over. Even on our way up to Eureka, everywhere we went there were other riders making their way up North. We had an awesome experience.

BTW, we only went up to Eureka to go drink at the Lost Coast Brewery because they brew our favorite beer. How's that for a beer run!?

·
OG
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it wont be a staight ride the whole way if we take the coast. it takes a little but longer, but its a better ride

·
Registered
113 Posts
We have a group of 8 guys leaving the Saturday before Seca from San Diego. We'll be making our way up through Redding and back down to Montery. We also have another group that will be leaving early Thursday. Generally that ride goes through Palomar, Idylewild, and stop in Pismo Beach for the first day. The second day is up the Hwy 1. Great ride with alot of twisties. Interested I can post the meeting place when its a bit more organized.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ill do that. Most likely a week or two prior once everything is hashed out. If they do the same ride as we did for the last few years it a good ride. Very little freeway.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Where are you all staying in Monterrey? I still havent bought my tickets nor do I have anywhere to stay...can I crash wif anyone? Is there still camping available?

My friend and I will be going to Yosemite after the GP, anyone else interested?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts