Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just sold my CBR600RR on cycletrader.com and I was very sad to see it go. I had to sell it because I owed my parents some money and they needed me to pay off my debt so off went the bike.

SO now, I have paid my parents off and I am looking around for a cheaper but nice bike. I have around 4000-4500 dollars to spend. I am interested in a VTR1000 or something like that. I also like the F4 and other 600s.

Does anyone know of where one of these VTRs could be found in good condition for that price?? Is that a reasonable price for this bike?? Just trying to get some feedback to go on. Thanks, Chris

I really, really miss my bike SO much. I would love to get another 600RR but I hate the idea of being in debt to anyone again.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Glad u paid your parents back, that was a good move....alot of people would take advantage of that for the simple fact that it was there parents.
That shows alot of respect.

·
Registered
495 Posts
buy a Buell! They are hella cheap used around here anyway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that it is probably not the best time to buy but I really miss riding and it sucks when the weather is great and I have to drive.

That's one of the reasons I am asking everyone for some advice as in prices and such.

I am really leaning toward a VTR1000 cause it is more cruiser like and the type of rider who has one would have been responsible and taken care of the bike.

I found one in NC that is 4500 and is a 98 though. How many miles do you think is too many for a bike. I know its a Honda but will it start to have trouble at a certian amount of miles or will it keep going like Honda cars.

also, I LOVED my Honda and don't think I would switch to a Har...... I can't even say it. :twisted:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Keep your eyes open, i've seen well used 600RR's for around $4500-5500. Check out the mid-90's Suzuki SRAD's in 600&750's or Kawasaki ZX600,750 or even 900's . Great bikes. Even the early Honda F3's with alittle suspension work can be made to handle well. You shouldn't have a problem locating a decent bike for around $5K

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Yont283 said:
I really, really miss my bike SO much. I would love to get another 600RR but I hate the idea of being in debt to anyone again.

If you work, put that money down on an 05 model and just make payements. Yeah, you're kind of in debt but it's a brand new bike you're making payments on to own. You won't regret it, the bike is awesome. I had a 94 F2 and just got the new 05 about 2 months ago.

Just my .02

·
Registered
557 Posts
blucbr600 said:
Glad u paid your parents back, that was a good move....alot of people would take advantage of that for the simple fact that it was there parents.
That shows alot of respect.
blucbr600 is dead on. You should keep that as your life motto.

I bet if you watch the classifieds you can come up with a nice bike. I see great bikes in that price range all the time. We have this thing called Valley Trader and it’s like an ebay in print for your area. I bet you have one too just look for it at the market where you shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts