Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to a left leg below the knee amputation, I gave up on the RR and sold it. I'll miss it, BUT, the new bike is just friggin fun.

FYI.... If you get a cut on the bottom of your big toe that doesn't heal right due to constant pressure on it, GET IT LOOKED AT BY A DOCTOR sooner than I did.

The '03RR:

THE NEW LOVE OF MY LIFE: 2015 NC700X DCT/ABS

Quick Review

F***ing Fun. The Dual Clutch Transmission can be used in automatic Drive Mode, or automatic Sport Mode. If the exhaust were actually hearable at speed, I'd use the manual paddle shifter more.

The paddle shifter does work good for hill descents and dirt roads.

The ABS is nice too, you can actually use the front brake on a dirt road effectively without locking it up. It also works well for the gravel sh!t that is still on the roads around here from winter.

The low center of gravity on this bike is also great for cornering and handling, I love it, very fun to ride. (Fyi, the attached pics are when it just arrived at my house with NEW tires. I hadn't scrubbed them in yet properly.

Power, well, not much. The 230L I'm selling on here accelerates almost as fast. I didn't get this bike for speed though. If you want one with the same features and power, look at the Honda Africa Twin.

OH YEAH, I almost forgot. You can fit a gallon of Milk or a 12 pack of beer, or a 1.75L of Kettle One vodka in the storage compartment where the gas tank would normally be.

Eric

·
Registered
966 Posts
OH YEAH, I almost forgot. You can fit a gallon of Milk or a 12 pack of beer, or a 1.75L of Kettle One vodka in the storage compartment where the gas tank would normally be.

Eric
HA! Good to see your in high spirits after a loss like that. It may not be a sportbike but its a bike and its a HONDA, what else really matters? Now the real question, can it wheelie?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice bikes man. The RR and you current one. What I want to know is the full story on this toe cut that turned into a damn leg amputation. Cause that sound like some **** I would do. I HATE going to the Dr myself and always tend to wait until I'm about to die. So please share this story if you don't mind.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Any cut on your body is an entry vector for bacteria; usually, blood clotting and just keeping the wound clean is enough to prevent this. However, on some areas of the body (like the bottom of the feet), friction, perspiration and exposure can overwhelm the body's ability to keep infection out. I'm betting a staph infection got in, and when that happens the outcome is anywhere between a round of antibiotics and death, depending on how far the infection spreads and how fast it's treated. (unless it was something else entirely; still, preventative care is always highly recommended.)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You're riding a damn scooter you traitor!

LOL j/k

I'm switching over to the Honda Africa myself but not DCT verison. If I wanted a scooter I'd buy a scooter. =P

1 - 8 of 8 Posts