Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes me sick to hear what I heard on the radio this morning. From what I understood is that about 50 Post 9/11 vets will march as a protest on the current war policies and as they march will lower the U.S. Flag and pin there medals on it then raise a white flag and continue a march. WTF... I have served in Iraq and I choose to do so. I knew what I was getting into when I raised my right hand and enlisted. This is absurd. If I knew how to copy and paste with this apple computer I just bought I would. Google.. Soldier will give medals back during NATO as protest. I understand its his right to do so as an american. And he certainly earned those rights. I just don't see were his mind is. People died for this country and to ask Afganistans for forgiveness for the bad things that have happened during a war. F That What about all the good that has come to the afghan people during this conflict. I just don't see what is OK with this. War is hell and bad things are going to happen to good people on both sides. Thats war. The VA has clearly doped this guy up way better than they have treated me.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I served for 8 years and doing good for a people does not excuse the bad. It's America and we are entitled not only to our opinions, but also the freedom to express them.

I respect your right to do so here, and their right to do so in their march.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If they are out of the service they have every right to do what they want, protest, cry, return medals, whatever they want. So more power to them.

If they still are in the service, they are not allowed to protest.

But it sounds like they did their time, so let them say what they feel.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree but the part of lowering the U.S. flag and raising a white flag thats just silly and I guess I listen to too much talk radio. They should be able to do whatever they want but I just don't see it to be ok raising a white flag.

·
Banned
123 Posts
VETRANS BITCHIN ABOUT THE RIGHTS THEY SERVED TO PROTECT....HOW IRONIC!
I served,deployed twice,let em do whatever the F makes em happy.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i served as an 0311 and with these "iraq war veterans against the war" their tactics are just distasteful. Putting down the American flag and raising a white flag to "surrender" is a slap in the face to MOST combat veterans. This group is comprised of mostly NON-COMBATANTS. Their actions may be legal, but they are not moral or ethically. They are going to become groups like the westboro bapist church. I met this IWVAW group once on 9/11 at the footsteps. To protest on such a day is just imo despicable.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No. It's not like the other side can surrender, so it's a way of saying, "We quit. We're done with this thing they're calling a war." They're putting their morals in front of everything.

Edit: it could be argued as being un-patriotic, but not immoral or unethical.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I disagree as a combat vet 19D 3 tours. I feel there moral compass is more F#$%ed than that of our present Oboma. You knew what you were getting into before you raised your hand. This is not how to respect the troops still in a combat zone or a way to show support for them. They are not putting there morals in front of everything, that was a [email protected]$$ coment. They are waving a white flag to show some type of forgiveness to the afghan people. Well until you actually meet an afghan or Iraqi and realize they will ask for food one second and the next lay an IED or EFP behind you. F*#K them All. Yes he have done enough and I agree it should be over with. They earned there right to protest and give up there medals....Never mess with the flag I and others have made huge sacrifices to protect. Thats Morally and unethical. STICK1300

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JLing2967 I have always referred to people like this as POGs. They go to the middle east and a mortar lands 200 meters away and believe there combat vets. Its the pussification of america, that lets things like this go on in the first place. Yea I did my tours so others can have the rights to do what they want without any real penalties or punishment. So I would rather see them fly a flag that thanks vietnam and ww2 vets for helping our military be were it is today. They just passed the torch to us and we need to be a positive influence on young people today, Soon we will be passing the torch on to our children. What kind of example are they setting by raising a white flag?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I disagree as a combat vet 19D 3 tours. I feel there moral compass is more F#$%ed than that of our present Oboma. You knew what you were getting into before you raised your hand. This is not how to respect the troops still in a combat zone or a way to show support for them. They are not putting there morals in front of everything, that was a [email protected]$$ coment. They are waving a white flag to show some type of forgiveness to the afghan people. Well until you actually meet an afghan or Iraqi and realize they will ask for food one second and the next lay an IED or EFP behind you. F*#K them All. Yes he have done enough and I agree it should be over with. They earned there right to protest and give up there medals....Never mess with the flag I and others have made huge sacrifices to protect. Thats Morally and unethical. STICK1300
I bet you'd love it if I took a photo of me burning a flag and uploaded it. But, guess what? That's my right. You fought to protect that right and I thank you for doing so. But you have to accept the fact that the way people choose to exercise their rights is just that, a right. Who are you to deny them their expression?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea you have a right to do that and no i wouldn't like it and don't like what there doing in chicago. I see it different than some. Please just don't mess with the U.S. Flag

·
Registered
166 Posts
People will do what they please no matter what, that's what you are fighting for, the ability for them to **** all over you.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I realize that we served ('90-'97) to protect the rights of all citizens, including the misguided and downright stupid. People just need to realize there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Sent from deep in the swamps of Louisiana.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess they feel like they can do as they please. I am sure while they served there were things similar to this that they disagreed with. Now that there done serving the country they can act how they please. I am at the point with this thread to say I agree to disagree with some posts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was wondering if anyone on the forums was gonna bring this up. I am not in the military, but the idea has crossed my mind number of times, I'm a young college student so I'm still trying to figure things out. But the way I see it, is that when these people enlisted to join the service, they should have known full on what the expectations were. Why else would you join the service. If you don't like what this country stands for, well then you should have thought about that before you up and went and joined.

Anyways, I'm from Chicago so I've been keeping up with all the protest and such. Here's a short clip of the soldiers on stage. You can see some of the other videos and protest on this website as well.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/videogallery/70047178/News/Veterans-protest-at-rally-throw-medals#gl-0

1 - 20 of 27 Posts