Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
"...forcing that vehicle to swerve... "

"...ejecting most of its eight occupants. Five people in that vehicle were seriously injured; the other three sustained lesser harm. Only one was wearing a seat belt."

"Safety advocates are quick to point out that motorcycling is no game, with fatalities nationwide having risen every year since 1997. The number jumped from 2,116 in 1997 to 3,661 in 2003."

All I can say to stuff like this is "WOW", and not at the bikers.. If you drive with 8 people in a suburban, that's a lot of extra weight you have to accomodate for, and I'm 99% sure the driver overcorrected, and if they would've been wearing their seatbelts (you know, like youre supposed to), none of this wouldve happened.. and i especailly like when they wrote "forcing that vehicle to swerve", does nobody slow down when they see something these days? is our immediate reaction to always swerve into the nearest vehicle as soon as possible? heres how i imagine the situation occured: guys being reckless and irresponsible on bikes change lanes infront of some lady talking on a cell phone*, she looks up and sees bikes taller than her car, freaks out and swerves into somebody driving a carload of people, and obviously they're not all intently focused on driving, its a bunch of friends/family members, and theyer talking, cutting up, whatever the case is, overcorrect, goes off road, loses control.

People need to learn to calm down, if something happens just hit the brakes, its never a bad idea to hit the brakes gradually, never. I think the MSF should be required for ANYONE who wants to drive, not that joke of a drivers ed class i paid too much for and didnt learn enough i.

And i also like how high motorcycle deaths are in 03, 3,661... I couldnt find any info more recent than 2001, but the death rate caused by firearms in 2001 alone was a depressing/impressive 36,000 people... i dont even know what to say after that... heres an idea, make gun crime laws stricter, and work on that problem.. if they want to cut back deaths, if they stopped only 10% of all gun deaths, that'd be as many deaths as that of bikers... and yes, granted you cannot stop ALL gun deaths, but even if we cut back on 20% of them, that'd be an improvement from how many people die annualy at this particular point in time... but we love our guns dont we???.... this place is getting ridiculous

~flame retardant suit now equipped~ :Flamethrower:

* Read in C&D that's the most likely cause of an overcorrection error, causing in a wreck, was determined after the firestone tire problem on the explorer's, when they kept blowing out, people freak out and lose control of the vehicle

·
Registered
95 Posts
yo, b4 you go and start a new thread, it would be wise to check if the subject has already been posted!!!! im tired of seein this damn story :very_mad: :damnmate:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.