Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so read the tips section and i noticed the part about the dish soap not being the best idea, i was just wondering what everyone uses to clean there bikes of dirt and grime. I have the s100 cleaner but i want like a soap to clean it first so the dirt is all off and i dont just push it all around making scratches.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Dish soap will stay in the pores of your paint making the bike look faded, that's why it's not recommended. Any car wash soap will work fine.

I also use the Honda polish. If my bike is only lightly dirty, I don't even use water. I spray it on heavy but not dripping or anything. Wipe it to clean but not completely dry and then let it dry. Get a new dry cloth and wipe it clean, it leaves no smears even on the black. Best thing I've used to get the showroom shine. I'm sure everyone has their way of doing that though.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I use a car duster for light dust. Then I take a micro fiber cloth and PLEXUS to shine it up! I don't ever let my bike get too dirty so that's all I need. My bike is black so I need to keep it clean. BTW, using Plexus will give you aleast 10-15 more horsepower. Only if your bike is black.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Once the bike is clean I use WD40 on the engine, plastics, wheels (avoid brakes), exhaust etc.
To wash it I carefully use a pressure washer only, the dirt seems to stick to the residue of the WD40 and this comes off real easy. I only wash the bike off properly with carwash soap probably one in three times. Try it, it works. Also, I use an old tooth brush to get into the tight spots in the front sprocket area. I used to be able ot get honda polish but here in the uk its not easy to find; its really good though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts