Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I still have not found any gloves, and am still unsure of what to look for since there are so many small details that separate gloves. But I've narrowed it down to three Teknic Violator $125, Teknic Speedstar $162, Spidi Race Vent $189. Other then that I would say any of the alpine stars such as sp1 or 2 and gp plus or pro gloves but I heard mixed opinions of those gloves falling apart so I dk...

Feel free to correct me but Im basically looking for street gloves since I would be doing that 95% of the time. I prefer a full gauntlet as well and I was wondering if there is such a thing as "too much" of a glove aka meant for track not street?!? If not could anyone help me narrow the first three down unless they have another suggestion Im feeling the violator bc its cheaper then the other two and Im sure it would hold up fine while saving me money, what do you guys think?

Also they have a battery tender jr charger for sale for $25 should I pick that up? I live in NJ where we have 4 seasons Im trying to pick up an 07 R6 after I turn 21 in late dec. and will be storing the bike at my friends garage. also whats the diff btwn 6 and 12 volt should I just get the 12 volt if you guys think i should pick one up? Sorry for the crappy sentences bit of a rush thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
As far as the gloves go you want to look for a couple of main things:
- Something hard over the knuckles, if your had gets trapped under the bike, you'll want as much protection there as possible.
- You want a long gauntlet with 2 closure straps.... this helps prevent the gloves from flying off when you hit the ground and speed
- You want an extra layer of leather over the outer portion of the pinky plus under the bottom portion of the palm of your hand ...and double stitching is also a good idea. A single layer on the middle of the palm of your hand is good for feel.

I don't know what those particular gloves are like but I have the old Tekincs and a Dainese and an Alpinestars GP Plus.... IMO they're all good. I have tested the Teknics and a top of the line Joe Rocket at about 60 mph pavement surfing at the track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts