Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a new cbr600 rr but I cannot take a test ride from the dealer, why is that? when you buy a car you get to drive it first. Anyways I'm 6ft1" and weigh 260 pounds my question to other big riders is how comfortable is the cbr especially on long runs? From the shootout reviews they say it's the best form fitting etc rocket out there, or am I gonna have to get a piece of junk harley fatboy.

Dogger

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
my cousin has an 05 rr and he is 6'2 240 and he fits just fine on it. Either way, its not the best bike for ANYONE to take long trips on for long periods of time. You'll be fine dude

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
well have u ever rode a sportbike??? if dealers would let anyone test ride a sportbike there would be about 50% crashed when they come back!!!

im 6'1" and 225 and i love it. i have an 06 and the new ones are so much better!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Stu-pac I've sat on rockets but never rode one, thanks guys for your replies I'm definitely getting one now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No Stu-pac I've sat on rockets but never rode one, thanks guys for your replies I'm definitely getting one now.

yeah I was going to say. Usually if you are very and i mean VERY serious and test riding it is the only thing holding you back they probably would let you, but it wouldnt matter because you would end up buying it anyways! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have an 08 graffiti and i'm 6'7" about 230-240 and i don't have many issues. the only issue i ever face is the same one everybody does and that is my wrists get tired from the pressure after a while. w/ a throttle lock this would be practically negated for long trips through the use of cruise control. ergonomics wise it is comfortable.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
<-- 6'2" 250#

I can't speak for the '08's but the '03 I feel like a trained bear on a bicycle. I'm used to it now but I probably look a little odd.

Get a Corbin seat and tank grip pads and you'll be all right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts