Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Was painting the wheels.....

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my regular riding buddies stopped by today after getting his rearsets, passenger pegs, and wheels powdercoated by a local bike shop.
It WAS a Raven but he swapped fairings with some guy on craigslist for the 50th anniversary fairings and fell in love with yellow, lol.
After seeing the work on this I may go and get my wheels polished or something.
Not as drastic as his but maybe just polish the lip or the sides or just the spokes.

What do you guys think of his decision to paint the wheels?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I said!
It's REALLY close to matching the factory paint job.
It even has a pearl coat. Just a little too bright on the yellow.
But he seemed a little unsatisfied about it for some reason...lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
Only thing I don't like, that white on the front fairing above the light. Other than that, I love it. I wanted a R1...oh well, my RR really surprised me.

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Wouldve like gold better but the yellow is sick. Only thing I would recommend is to strip off the lips and polish them. Needs a break in all that yellow.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
R1 looks badass. i like the clean look and matching wheels.

·
Registered
209 Posts
hmmm. I dig it but it totally reminds me of the late 90's ninjas and their bright green/yellow/red rims that color matched. I loved it then, but somehow it dated itself on me. I think that since he kept a clean two-tone look (powdered his rearsets and all) that he was able to pull it off.

Still kind of undecided.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Maybe he could put black rimstripes on the yellow to break it up. That might look nice.

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
Found some pics of what it looked like before, off a website one of his trackday buds made.

I think if the red strpes were not there it would look real nice, however now that I have seen the black the yellow looks sikk

Here is a pic of the real 50th aniversery for those who have not seen it. Bad ass!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts