Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first bike in Jan. Since then I have rode just over 1000 miles. My tires look rought on the edges but not to bad. But, in the last few days I have notice a feeling in the rear that feels like a slight sway, kind of like low tire presure would feel. My tires have 38 lbs in them. I checked out the tire and there seems to be a flat spot in the middle, kind of giving the tire a squared off feel. Could this be what is causing it? is it time for a new tire? what is a good tire for street?

·
Registered
143 Posts
yes.. if you ride hard, i wouldnt put 38lbs in it. i ride with 31lbs in my tires. i just switched from the pilot power tires to the pilot pures.. those tires are gods gift to a sport bike.. they are new and get hot and sticky faster then anytire i have ever owned. they are softer on the edges 40% instead of 15%. and they are a duel compound tire. how long do they last is not known yet but if you are an agressive rider you should def. give them a shot!!! good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At this point I am far from an aggresive rider. the guy who had the bike befroe me was however. By the loooks of the plastics not a very good one either..lol
Also, I have an '06 600rr, on the back I have a dunlop 190. Should I have a 180 instead?

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Yes u should run a 180/55/17 if it's the stock rim.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
My tires have 38 lbs in them. I checked out the tire and there seems to be a flat spot in the middle, kind of giving the tire a squared off feel.
38 psi is OK if you measured it hot. If you measured it cold it should be around 32. If your tire is squared off it will negatively affect your handling. Toss it and get a new one (180).

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
yea the PURE's are freaking great.
i have a set also, it changed the feeling of the bike dramatically from the OEM dunlop qualifier pieces of crap.

if you dont go with the PURE's just get the michilin 2CT's, just get rid of that dunlop crap and get mich. you will be happy i promise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts