Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 red 600RR, brembo front brake set up with 05 1000rr radials, full micron TI system, PCIII, sliders, and a few woodcraft clip ons. I just bought the bike as it is and am trying to work out all the kinks. so, the problem is when I set the time and turn off the bike, the clock and trip odo reset. the speedo, tach and fuel gauge work fine. Does anybody else experience this slight, but annoying problem? Anybody got the remedy? Any advice would be appreciative.

Thanks

j.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
thats used to happen to when I would let the fans keep running after shutting down the engine or if I turned the key and left the lights on for a while w/o turning on the engine.
when I would go to turn the engine on, it would struggle a little and I noticed the gauge cluster would blink and the trip and clock would reset.

did that for about a week or two after I put in my protons and hasn't done it again.

from what happened to me it could be low battery strength (drained)...

·
Registered
901 Posts
check the fueses there should be one marked clock i beleave .. this one keeps constant power to the cluster for trip and clock ..

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Make sure battery connections are tight

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
it was the fuse. thanks a million guys. wow, i feel like a dummy. lol
No sweat man you would have felt like a dummy for real if you would have taken your bike to the dealer :five:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts