Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I was robbed today. I opened the door leading to my garage about to go to work. It is about 5:20am. I see two lights in the corner of the garage; I flip on the garage light and see two guys standing over my bike. They take off running and I chase them. They parked their car right across the street under a street light. It was a 4 door late 90s neon. As soon as they got to the car they turned around and started to chase me. I ran back to the garage and grabbed a golf club and chased them back to their car, they took off. Then I called the police. I wished I would have seen their license plate number and I also wish I would have had my gun with me.

My garage was only open for about 20min. I woke up at 5:00am opened the garage, went out to my car to grab my shoes and went back inside. I am glad I came out when I did. I did notice on my way to work that they stole my GPS and Electric Razor from my car (it was unlocked from me grabbing my shoes). I guess I learned my lesson.

My security on the house is fairly good. I would like to add about 3 cameras. I am looking for the cameras that can record and stream video. I realize that, if somebody really wants to get in then they will. But for a small crime like this I would have had pictures of their faces and car. Does anyone on 600rr.net have any experience with any of these home camera systems?

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
That's crazy, glad in the end all they got was a GPS and a *does a double take* "electric razor" :confused1 that's so weird.

But yeah glad to see the bike is ok. :banger:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Damn it to.bad you didnt have ur gun. Great way to start the morning! I have seen that they have nework cameras that are viewable on ur iphone . Not sure the quality however camera technology is getting cheaper by the day. Good luck. Even a loud barking dog can help.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's crazy.

You came out at the right time to catch to bastards!

Electric razor? Seriously, wtf are they going to do with it. I would never use anyone else's razor.

·
Registered
827 Posts
that is wild, wish you would have caught their plates

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Look at newegg.com they have some great home security systems

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
849 Posts
Try:

x10.com

subscribe to newsletter with an email & they'll send the deals.

been around a while and they keep improving, best of luck.

getting a skin sample would have been nice as well.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Seen some at bestbuy.com (def not going to be your best deal prob) but they got some fairly cheap sets by logitech for few hundred. Most all new ones stream too so just need a wireless router. So unless they are a robber and a hacker they just can't take a tape and run

·
Registered
66 Posts
damn, that's crazy man. glad it wasn't any worse (like they were armed or something). wish you could have caught their plates too...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I have the Q-See 4 camera system. I can remote view it from my work computer or phone and it even sends motion sensor alerts to my phone. You should be able to find something comparable for $300-$500. Definately worth it just for the peace of mind!

Do you have a conceal carry permit? May want to look into that as well. I ALWAYS carry my gun; you never know when you may need it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a CCW, I work for the Army and cannot take my weapon onto post so I do not bring it out with me in the morning.

Thank you for the websites and products. I will look into them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Glad you've got your CCW just next time have it on you! You're not allowed to keep it in the car on post? I'm assuming the Army is one of the employers that gets off of that list that cannot restrict Bring Your Gun To Work laws.

Maybe get a second sidearm to store closer to the garage?

Also been looking into getting Lo Jack, personally, even more incentive after seeing this.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If it's concealed properly they wont even know it's there! :) I know plenty of military dudes that kept pistols in the glove box.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If it's concealed properly they wont even know it's there! :) I know plenty of military dudes that kept pistols in the glove box.
And they are absolutely retarded.

Bringing a firearm onto a military installation is a FELONY.

Think you won't get caught? Every base has what we call RAMS, which usually consist of random vehicle searches on your way into base.

Talk about playing roulette with your career.

·
I have to poop soooo bad.
117 Posts
I've got one word for you....Foscam.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8910W-Wireless-Network-Camera/dp/B006ZP8UOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342569131&sr=8-1&keywords=foscam[/ame]

That's the newer version of the one I've got. They can be wired or wireless, and they're their own HTTP server. Meaning you can connect to them directly through the internet and they don't need a host server to run them. Also, they'll email you images if the motion sensor is triggered. They also upload photos to an FTP or record on a PC. And the best thing about them...you can view multiple cams on an Android device with an app from the Play Store. Oh, and they have night vision.

Check them out. Let me know if you have any question.

Jason

·
Registered
714 Posts
that is insane bro, good thing they wernt strapped either coulda gotten real nasty real fast. good youre ok and that precious is ok also

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Well that sucks! What city was this in?

Had a friend pick up a video suveillance system for a nominal price at a Costco or Sam's Club (can't remember which store - I'm sure both carry different models?) recently and it functions quite well according to him.

FWIW, on a somewhat related note:

Lots of kids are running around late at night/early morning going "car-hopping," stealing stuff from mostly unlocked cars in subdivisions. This is nothing new and has been going on for quite some time, but perhaps this will serve a reminder for others reading the thread.

Some of these kids are bold enough to use the garage door openers within those unlocked cars and then proceed to steal items from inside the garages where the cars are parked in front of. Power tools, sporting goods, yard equipment, cases of beer, and so on...

Always keep your stuff locked up, valuables out of sight (better yet - take them inside at night instead of leaving them in the car; laptops, mp3 players, etc) and/or keep your garage doors closed. Even if it's just for a few minutes - that's all a criminal needs to commit a crime of opportunity. These dirtbags will "window shop" the garages that are left open (we all know the neighbors in our subs who are guilty of doing this!) and then hit during the cover of darkness.

Don't make it easy for these fools who are robbing hard working citizens and then trading/selling the stolen items at the local pawn shops for their drug money or whatever.

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts