Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went over my friends house over this past weekend one night. there was about 7 people there coming and going like every 10 minutes. well my bike was parked out in the driveway all night. We were partying and riding around on my friends pocketbike with like 4 girls. anyway i leave at like 4 in the morning and notice that my mirror is pushed back a little but just figured someone walked by and bumped the mirror, so i just push it back and think nothing of it. Well the next day i take my bike out and when i walk up to i notice there is scratches all over the right side tail-section fairing, and the mirror, bar-end, frame slider puck, swingarm slider, and rear passenger peg is all chewed up. I'm f'ing pissed that i spent the last couple months babying my bike and some a**hole drops my bike and is shady enough to pick it up and not say a word to me. I asked them all who did it and told them i don't want any money i just wanted to know who did it. no one knows a thing....wierd huh :roll:

is there anywhere online i can get a OEM right side mirror and bar-end?? don't say e-bay. i checked ron ayers etc. and they have nothing....but i ordered the tail-section fairing from there. i might just go up to the dealer tomorrow and order everything there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sucks man. I am sorry to hear that. That is why I won't take my bike anywhere that I can't have my eye on it or garage it.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Yeah, call Ron Ayers or call Bell's Honda, they hooked us up phat with replacement parts for our wrecked bike.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
It is cheaper to get after market bar ends. And you can pick the color, compound (slider, aluminum etc) and size. As for the mirror, if it is just scratched, you can use wet paper and sand it down smooth again. It isn't perfect, but t is just $1 in material.

Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
647 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
It is cheaper to get after market bar ends. And you can pick the color, compound (slider, aluminum etc) and size. As for the mirror, if it is just scratched, you can use wet paper and sand it down smooth again. It isn't perfect, but t is just $1 in material.

Sorry about your luck.
I just ordered a set off ebay. There is nothing wrong with mine. I just want some sliders instead of metal on the end of my bars.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The OEM bar ends are cheap at the dealer. Chances are if you broke the bar end, you also broke the weight inside the bar itself (bar end screws into weight). A new bar end is like $15 and weight is like 10.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Pissed! :very_mad:

Damn, that sucks.
Jason

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just leave it as is. Then you won't care if another a-hole knocks it over. :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Man that sux...I would be piss too....Ebay is your friend... Keyword too type in cbr600rr cbr 600rr cbr 600 rr.....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Bastards, I can't believe somebody would do that to a bike.

Bah!! that makes me angry. :evil:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went to the dealer and ordered the the mirror and bar end.. it was like $75. Total it costed me was $355. Lucky i had the frame and swingarm sliders on though cause i didn't get a scratch on the front plastics, turn signals or engine case. If you don't have them...get some cause even if you don't f*ck your bike up....someone else might and not tell you :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts