Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my bike begining of April this year. I asked the PO if he did an oil change, he said at the end of the season last year.

So today I went to go do an oil change just bc I NEVER trust people. I tried for 3 hrs to get the damn OEM Honda (possilby) 7 yr old oil filter off. In those 3 hrs, there were 3 trips to the parts store, breaks for swearing and breaks for myself to cool off before I went ape shiit on the bike.

So I cannot turn this oil filter off for the life of me. I tried these tools with no luck either. The next step is to take off the RH fairing to attack it that way.

BTW I purchased a Mobil 1 - M1-110 oil filter. With a search, I'm pretty sure this oil filter will work with my OEM headers..

Oil Filter Pliers

Oil Filter Cap

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I posted in the other thread. I just went through the same thing. I ended up having to pull all the right side fairings before being able to get the leverage I needed. The cap wrench was useless, but if you try one, make sure it is 65mm, not a combo, like 65/67mm. The filter pliers worked for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted in the other thread. I just went through the same thing. I ended up having to pull all the right side fairings before being able to get the leverage I needed. The cap wrench was useless, but if you try one, make sure it is 65mm, not a combo, like 65/67mm. The filter pliers worked for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yeah I'm guessing I'm going to have to take the fairing off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.